JOB DESCRIPTION: Real Estate Acquisition Associate
Waterfall Properties is seeking to hire an experienced acquisition associate. Waterfall Properties is a real estate firm based in New York City and led by industry veterans with more than $7 billion of acquisition experience. The firm is focused exclusively on acquiring, owning, and operating commercial real estate in the New York City MSA. The acquisition associate will have the opportunity to work directly with the senior partners of the firm.
- Track record of high academic achievement. Bachelor’s degree required; finance and/or real estate degrees preferred
- 2-5 years relevant experience; prefer real estate, banking or similar experience
- Must be expert in Microsoft Excel and financial modeling
- Should be expert in Argus; should be proficient in Power Point
- Expect candidate to possess strong overall communications skills
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit, strong work ethic, and positive attitude
- Assist in all phases of property acquisitions and financings
- Lead role in financial modeling and analysis of acquisitions, including preparation of investment memoranda
- Participation in negotiations, due diligence, and closings
- Participation in structuring joint ventures
- Active role in on-going asset management, reporting and ultimate disposition of acquired properties
Competitive salary and benefits will be offered commensurate with experience.
Apply for this job