Ever thought about an international move?
Are you looking for your next challenge?
Here is an opportunity to make your mark in the new multi-family sector developing across the UK. You are a Senior Regional or VP of Operations who is ready to make your mark and can take the developed customer service philosophy and business strategy and operationalise this into a successful offering for residents and prospective residents. You will lead and implement the activities that drive the performance of the Company’s build to rent portfolio.
Lendlease has massive ambitions to make BTR a strong part of its global business over the next 15 years, and in order to get there we are seeking to appoint a BTR Operations Director to support the development and execution in realising our vision.
This role is critical to the development and success of this new team, and will be responsible for the profitable operation of the apartment community, while providing excellent customer service and asset prevention and enhancement. Given the infancy of the BTR portfolio in the United Kingdom, this role will also support the Head of Build to Rent to develop processes, systems and team needed for the success of the business.
- Delivering on the strategic and operational business performance targets of the build to rent sector for the UK
- Building and developing a team of highly trained and engaged professionals with a strong aptitude for customer service who will deliver a best in class service to our residents, community and prospective residents.
- Ensure that our communities are managed safely and with sustainability at the forefront of your mind and executing on the asset, community and business strategy for safety and sustainability
- Monitor and evaluate business performance
- Leads the execution of business operations by developing processes, procedures, tools, documents, communication, implementation plans for new programmes and overseeing compliance with the Company’s operating policies and procedures.
- Responsible for delivering financial targets, exceeding business metrics while ensuring timely and accurate reporting.
- Facilitating investor meetings, property tours and presentations to gain new business;
- Negotiating contracts, evaluate proposals from vendors and contractors including new products or services.
- Leads or participates in the development and implementation of initiatives that improve our processes and enhance financial performance across the Lendlease platform.
Knowledge, skills & experience required:
- Demonstrated substantial experience in this sector; global experience would be highly advantageous
- Practical understanding of UK legislation relating to tenanted property and buildings management or relevant qualification (preferred)
- Significant experience in a senior operations leadership position within the multi-site property management or similar sector where service through teams, revenue and occupancy will all be key profit drivers; ideally within Europe (global also preferred).
- Experience of engaging and collaborating with multiple stakeholders across the business.
- Experience in creating and managing budgets in line with the scope of the role.
- Management acumen to develop strategy, organisational design and provide leadership and direction to team members and managers across the organisation.
- Excellent management and leadership skills with evidence of success in engaging and motivating large teams to deliver business objectives.
- Knowledge of build to rent (multifamily) property management and / or a revenue, rate, occupancy business with complex operational expenses and accountability for multi-site Net Operating Income.
- Experience in using property management systems and applications.
- Experience in identifying opportunities to drive operational excellence through digital/technology solutions.
Lendlease is committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer of choice by engaging, enabling and empowering our people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Inclusion sets us all up for success and we particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.
- Investment Management
- Property Management
10+ to 15 years
Apply for this job