The Development Manager will lead execution of multifamily development investments in various Florida markets, based in Orlando, reporting to Crescent’s Florida Managing Director. This individual should be highly collaborative and take pride in the opportunity to deliver thoughtful, best-in-class residential communities while demonstrating a wide variety of business and project management skills with substantial responsibility.
- Assisting the Managing Director in the evaluation of sites for multifamily development, including site feasibility studies, market assessments and investment underwriting.
- Managing and evaluating all aspects of due diligence for new development opportunities, including managing density, entitlement, environmental, title and geotechnical assessments by third-party vendors.
- Coordinating entitlement processes, including meeting with municipality officials and conducting community outreach.
- Leading the design process from inception through construction documents, collaborating with Crescent’s internal team (including pre-construction) and the project’s consultants to deliver exceptional communities – well-conceived unit plans, high-value finishes and amenities and quality construction.
- Collaborate with Crescent’s Construction team to oversee the construction of the development while managing the design and implementation of non-GC property components, including signage, communications, a/v, furnishings and equipment, etc.
- Coordinate the marketing, delivery and operations of properties, managing to underwritten budgets and leveraging Crescent’s Marketing and Asset Management resources to optimize the value of the investment. Ensure that the project opening is well coordinated and executed to company standards, and assist in the disposition of the asset.
- Support investment analyses and offerings with market intelligence, including sales and rent comparables, supply/demand fundamentals, demographic and employment insights and other underwriting assumptions in support of Crescent’s investment committee, investors, partners and lenders.
- Provide periodic project updates, including financials, schedule and other applicable specifics, to Crescent leadership.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONSEducation and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, real estate development, or related field including architecture, construction management, civil engineering, or planning.
- 5 years of professional experience with minimum of 3 years related multifamily development experience
- Good computer skills using Word, Excel, Microsoft Project, and Outlook
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills and a positive attitude
- Demonstrated project management and team skills allowing you to work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple concurrent large-scale projects with moderate supervision and work both independently and collaboratively.
- Proactive, solution-oriented mindset with an interest in continually improvement and adding value.
- Communicate and converse to exchange information
- Operate a computer keyboard, phone, calculator, and other office equipment
- Seeing to read a variety of materials and observe a variety of development and construction activities
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time
- Must be able to transport 10-25 lbs (computer, files, etc.)
- Must be able to move about the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Must be able to maneuver on a job site for extended periods of time
- Normal office environment with exposure to personal computer monitor and frequent use of a keyboard
- Project site exposure to dust, miscellaneous allergens, sunlight, extreme temperatures (hot/cold) and other natural and environmental exposures, machinery, etc.
- M-F, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (alternate schedule may apply)
- Valid driver’s license or reliable means of transportation
- Ability to travel to field locations and stay overnight as required
- Ability to work early and/or late hours and weekends as required
This document describes the position currently available and serves only as a summary of the typical functions of the job. It is not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities. Tasks, responsibilities, and duties of the jobholder may differ from those outlined. Other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job. It is not an employment contract. Our company reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.