The Dilweg Companies, LLC
Associate, Tax Services
**2 Positions Available**
The Dilweg Companies is a full-service commercial real estate firm located in the Raleigh/Durham area. We are currently searching for two tax associates to join our team! Our ideal candidates would be deadline focused with flexibility and willingness to put in additional time as necessary!
The Associate, Tax Services position is responsible for preparation of Federal, State and Local Tax Returns and tax analyses for its real estate property holding companies, operating companies and individuals affiliated with The Dilweg Companies. This role may also be responsible for assisting property accountants in booking capital transactions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for completing the following job responsibilities under the direction of the Director of Tax Services.
- Preparation of Partnership, S-Corporation, C-Corporation and Individual Tax Returns.
- State Tax Returns primarily focused on the jurisdictions of NC, GA, FL and PA.
- Assist in the booking of transactions (acquisitions, dispositions and refinancing) for real estate property holding companies.
- Preparation of Local Business Personal Property Tax Returns and Payroll Taxes.
- Preparation of tax workpapers to support return computations and special allocations.
- Analysis of partners’ capital accounts and communicating with investors on tax issues.
- Estimated tax projections and planning for entities and individuals.
- Prepare tax communications, assist on audits and appeals etc. with taxing authorities.
- Research into current and developing issues and various tax planning strategies.
- Specialized Reporting for investors and principals.
- Responsible for independently updating and maintaining the Fixed Asset Database.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Two to Four years of Tax Experience
- CPA or CPA Candidate
- Experience with UltraTax, Fixed Assets or similar tax programs
- Experience with Yardi, preferred
- Real Estate Accounting Experience, preferred
Generous benefits include: Medical, dental and vision insurance after a waiting period. Life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability insurance provided. 9 holidays, 2 floating holidays, accrued vacation and sick time. Retirement plan.
RESUME IS REQUIRED, PLEASE.
- Accounting / Control
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.