TITLE: Pre-Construction Manager
REPORTS TO: Vice President
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
CLIENT: Our client, founded over 60 years ago and headquartered in Atlanta, is a vertically integrated national service provider specializing in real estate development, construction, program management, and property management. It enjoys an enviable reputation in the industry across all lines.
SUMMARY: Responsible to analyze and coordinate client proposal requirements and design documents to prepare a complete, timely and accurate preconstruction package. Responsibilities include conceptual budgeting, cost estimating, market analyses, bid leveling, value management analyses and basic scheduling. Strong background in Senior Living and Multi-family construction preferred. Imminent grown potential into the Director of Preconstruction upon proficient demonstration of the Pre-Construction Manager duties and responsibilities and demonstration of strong leadership skills and client development.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead preconstruction team for each job assignment.
- Develops and maintains good relationships with clients, architects, and engineers.
- Prepare a full conceptual budget that is maintained through design of the same program.
- Ability to provide cost per square foot budget cost on different construction types and finishes within market specialty.
- Manage multiple preconstruction projects at any given time.
- Obtain and distribute bid documents.
- Hold strategy meetings.
- Conduct estimating/progress meetings.
- Review bid documents and assemble detailed cost leveling documents.
- Coordinate and attend pre-bid meetings.
- Obtain labor rates, taxes and insurance requirements.
- Identify questions on bid documents and coordinate with owner and design team.
- Makes site visits.
- Prepare detailed bid leveling documents of all project scopes.
- Continually update unit and project cost trends.
- Review and approve new subcontractors and vendors for the bid list; assist with development and maintenance of minority subcontractors and vendors bid list.
- Prepare detailed project turnover documents for Project Management.
- Guides the professional development of subordinate pre-construction staff through programs of instruction and training.
- Assumes primary responsibility for overall project budget, scope clarifications, billing rates, schedule and value management.
- Perform work in a safe manner and actively encourages others to do the same.
Supervises estimators assigned to Pre-Construction Manager’s projects. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Work in various offices, tour construction sites and work with computer digitizer and other equipment. Must be able to perform under pressure and evaluate situation and make accurate decision immediately.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts; in high, precarious places; and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Ten to twenty years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in engineering or construction with a proven track record of accomplishments. Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or comparable field.
- Prior experience with Joint Venture delivery methods is a plus. An individual who has a 10-20 years career horizon in front of them.
- An individual with experience working in the metro Atlanta Market and who is operationally versus sales focused.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience plus attractive bonus and generous benefits.
Phil Curtis, Partner
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate as to race, creed, color, sex or national origin.
- Architecture / Design
- Hospitality / Entertainment
10+ to 15 years
Apply for this job