For more than 150 years, Pacific Life has offered innovative products and services including life insurance, annuities, and mutual funds, along with a variety of investment products, all of which provide The Power to Help You Succeed. We firmly believe each employee plays a part in our continued growth and success, and we pride ourselves in providing a work environment that is challenging, inclusive, collaborative, and results-oriented. With a powerful past and a strong future, Pacific Life offers an environment where you’re empowered to achieve your personal best. In return, we look to your passion and insight to help us grow. For additional company information, including current financial strength ratings, visit .
Pacific Life is seeking a talented and highly motivated Sr. Real Estate Acquisitions Analyst to join the Equity & Alternative Real Estate Investment team based in Newport Beach, CA.
The Equity & Alternative Real Estate Investment team focuses on a variety of strategies across the United States including: acquisitions (core, core-plus, and value-add), ground-up developments, and capital transactions which may also include mezzanine and preferred equity. The team’s primary focus is on the multi-family sector with over 10,000 units under ownership within a $2.7Bn multi-family portfolio.
In addition to Equity & Alternative Real Estate Investments, Pacific Life’s Real Estate Division provides high-quality commercial real estate investment through direct mortgage loan originations, commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS), and real estate investment trust (REIT) debt purchases. Additionally, the Real Estate Division provides primary and special servicing to third-party CMBS and private investors.
The Sr. Real Estate Acquisitions Analyst provides analytical and underwriting support in order to determine the merits and risks of investment opportunities to meet investment objectives.
- Research and evaluate locational, market, and property-specific data.
- Conduct rent roll, income and expense analysis.
- Organize and support analysis, draw objective conclusions. Present verbal and written recommendations to Pacific Life’s Real Estate Investment Committee.
- Review and analyze transaction documents and third-party reports as part of the due diligence and closing process.
- Interface with institutional-quality joint venture partners, lenders, and third-party party service providers.
- Work cohesively with Pacific Life Real Estate Division’s in-house asset management, construction services, capital markets, and mortgage loan origination and servicing teams.
- Some travel required to evaluate investment markets and opportunities.
Factors for Success:
- College degree (BS/BA) with emphasis in Finance, Real Estate, or Engineering (Master’s Degree – Real Estate or MBA – strongly preferred).
- 2 to 5 years of experience in evaluating and underwriting investment merits and risks associated with commercial real estate (experience with multi-family equity investment is highly desirable).
- Strong in software applications for real estate investment analysis including Microsoft Excel and Argus, with the ability to quickly learn new program applications.
- Highly proficient with modifying and creating sophisticated Excel-based models, including complex formulas and multi-tiered IRR waterfall return calculations.
- Exceptional analytical, research and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to prioritize workflow and deadlines, self-starter with the ability to work independently with a team player attitude.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, able to interface with top level executives.
Join the Pacific Life team and watch your career grow! We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: • Competitive salary and bonus program • Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment in investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees • Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid) • Generous vacation time and holiday pay • And much more!
Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar:
- Investment Management
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job