Tides Equities is a leading commercial real estate investment company specializing in acquiring and operating well-located Class B and Core Plus multifamily real estate with high value add upside. The offered position is one that appeals to a truly motivated individual who is capable of operating at a highly efficient level and is eager to take on new challenges. The team is very tightly knit and supportive, and responsibility is earned based on competence of the employee, rather than tenure or office politics. Tides Equities’ success stems from our ability to execute at a higher level than the rest of the market, and any addition to the team will be expected to make a positive impact almost immediately after hiring. The company culture is very positive and team-oriented, and the immense growth trajectory provides virtually uncapped opportunity for upward mobility upon proving merit.
Tides Equities believes in offering an improved employee experience as compared to antiquated practices at other firms in the market, and that in doing so, team members will operate more effectively and with a greater sense of ownership. As such, the roles of each team member are custom tailored to maximize the value of each member’s time spent working. This results in far fewer menial tasks and far more actions that make a direct impact to the execution of our business plan. Due to this highly elevated level of responsibility of each member, it is imperative that employees bring the proper mindset and skill set each day.
A few additional benefits of working with Tides Equities include the following:
- Unlimited vacation policy, so long as an individual is responsible and on top of assigned work.
- Competitive hours – As with any top real estate investment shop, team members should expect to work long hours when required to do so. That said, such hours are to be worked only when necessary (e.g. deadline looming, unexpected issue arises, etc.).
- Casual yet focused office environment. Office appropriate but relaxed daily dress, unless meeting with investors or other outside persons.
- Unique blend of start-up energy and an established track record. New employees have the opportunity to join a firm that shows one of the most vertical upward trajectories in the current market.
- Update excel models and trackers on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- Perform CAPEX draws and manage reinvestment projects, working with contractors on payments / permits / completion deadlines
- Perform property visits to ensure healthy performance and monitor reinvestment progress
- Contribute to weekly calls with property managers
- Send out renewal offers to property managers
- Review financials every month to ensure income and expense items are being coded correctly
- Send monthly financial reports to LP partners
- Update and calculate Asset Management and Construction Management fees every month
- Communicate with contractors on a daily / weekly basis
- Perform ad hoc analysis
Desired Skills and Expertise
- 1-5 years of full-time experience in finance, real estate, or accounting
- Undergraduate degree in finance, real estate, or a related field
- Advanced knowledge of Excel; ability to build complex models from scratch
- Extremely thorough, organized, and detail-oriented
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Pro-active, diligent, with a strong work ethic and commitment to meeting deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a small, fast-paced entrepreneurial organization where you will be asked to wear multiple hats
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
- Portfolio Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.