BLT () is a vertically-integrated developer and operator of both multifamily and commercial properties. BLT is the largest commercial landlord in Stamford and Norwalk, CT and has invested in, developed, owned and managed more than 25 million square feet of commercial, hotel and residential properties across 26 states. In addition to the commercial portfolio, in the last 10 years, BLT has constructed over 5,570 apartment units including 12 buildings (3,400 units) at Harbor Point in Stamford () where they are the master developer, 1,100 units at the Beacon in Jersey City (, and 599 units in Norwalk ( BLT currently has more than 600 units under construction in Stamford and Norwalk with a robust pipeline of future projects., BLT is also the largest franchisee of Sotheby’s residential real estate brokerage, with 28 offices and 1,000 real estate agents.
Principal Objective of Position:
The primary function of the Commercial Portfolio Managing Director is to develop and execute the business plans for BLT’s portfolio of commercial office buildings, including all aspects of redevelopment, leasing, operations, administrative, financial, and capital management of the portfolio. The Portfolio Managing Director must be extremely hands-on and able to understand all aspects of the commercial portfolio.
- Develop and execute business plans for each commercial asset, proposing goals and objectives for each property
- Coordinate with Construction teams on all redevelopment plans and capital projects
- Oversee in house leasing team and outside leasing brokers; , property managers, and contractors at each property
- Oversee negotiation of leases and contracts
- Assist in the preparation and approval process of property operating budgets,
- Review and approve monthly operating statements and variance reports
- Assist in the management of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of the portfolio for internal and external constituents
- Assist in the due diligence and underwriting of potential acquisitions
- Financial analysis, market studies and industry standard reporting (i.e. variance reporting, discounted cash flows, IRR’s, etc.)
- Strategically assess and manage risks associated with current assets on a near-term and long-term basis
- Extensively research relevant markets/trends to manage assets competitively
- Regular inspections of all assets
- Foster and maintain positive tenant relationships
- Liaise with vendors, attorneys and third-party service providers
Contacts and Liaisons:
The Managing Director will meet with tenants, vendors, brokers, municipal employees, senior management, investors, lenders, etc. Diplomacy, tact, and a helpful, positive, professional presentation and attitude are required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with a concentration in business, finance, and/or real estate.
- MBA preferred
- Seven to Ten years successful relevant commercial property experience
- Commercial operations and construction management experience preferred, preferably with an owner-operator
- Strong financial background with knowledge of real estate
- Computer literacy to operate spreadsheet and word processing applications (i.e. Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge of Argus
- Ability to work with financial concepts and perform financial analysis including ROI, IRR and discounted cash flow modeling.
- Excellent project management skills
- Analytically and strategically minded
- Skilled negotiator
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Adept communicator both orally and written
- Results driven
- Industry Accreditation Preferred (CCIM, etc.)
Job Type: Full-time
- Asset Management
- Portfolio Management
- Property Management
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.