Realty Income, The Monthly Dividend Company®, one of four San Diego based S&P 500 companies dedicated to providing shareholders with dependable monthly income. Our company is structured as a REIT, and its monthly dividends are supported by the cash flow from over 5,600 real estate properties owned under long-term lease agreements with regional and national commercial tenants. To date, our company has declared almost 600 consecutive common stock monthly dividends throughout its 50-year operating history and has continually increased the dividend since Realty Income's public listing in 1994 (NYSE: O). Our company attracts individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and teamwork. If you appreciate working in a professional environment that rewards employees based on merit and values a work-life balance, make sure to apply today!
As Realty Income’s Property Manager, CAM portfolio you will be responsible for overseeing a diverse portfolio of retail properties! Operating under company policies, procedures, and standards, your exceptional property management background will take our portfolio to the next level. We have exciting opportunities in the pipeline for 2020 and need your expertise! Reporting to the Director of Property Management, your exceptional communication skills will be an asset to our biggest department!
Your Contribution to the Team Includes:
- Coordinate all aspects of property management, including the day-to-day operations of the property, consisting of tenant relations, maintenance and repair, capital improvements, exterior janitorial services, landscaping, snow removal, etc.
- Provide excellent tenant service by responding to tenant requests/problems in a timely and courteous manner. Follow-up with the tenant to ensure satisfactory resolution of all issues.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with tenant contacts at both the corporate and property levels.
- Procure new vendors and negotiate contracts for maintenance services.
- Available to respond to emergency property issues including after-hours.
- Possess a keen understanding of lease language and ability to comprehend and administer Landlord obligations under the lease and/or REAs/CCRs.
- Report property damage claims, complete restoration work, and work with insurers on settlement.
- Ability to navigate/update the company's ERP system (Yardi) for maintenance requests, preventative maintenance, vendor information, tracking vendor information and COIs, and key building data.
- Performs property-level budget forecasts/reforecasts, variance reporting, and contingent liability/unrecorded payable reporting.
- Receive, code, review, approve, and ensure accuracy of property expense invoices.
- Knowledgeable about building systems, including roofs, parking lots and mechanical systems.
- Effectively remotely supervise third party property managers, contractors, vendors, and maintenance personnel.
- Prepare for and coordinate property transitions including new acquisitions, vacancies, and dispositions.
- Review and approve operating expense reconciliations provided by the Property Management Finance team.
- Work with tenants, internal personnel, and/or other parties on CAM reconciliation issues or disputes.
- Travel periodically (approximately 2-4 times per year) to meet with vendors, on-site management, and inspect properties and/or monitor major projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need to be Successful:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from a four-year college or university.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in commercial property management.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from tenants, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to senior management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint; Adobe; SharePoint; and Google Earth Pro.
- Showing the ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully, and develop alternative solutions.
- Manage difficult or emotional tenant situations, respond promptly to tenant needs, respond to requests for service and assistance, and meet commitments.
- Work within approved budget, develop and implement cost saving measures, conserve organizational resources.
5+ to 7 years