Acquisitions Underwriter - Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC)
Stratford Capital Group (Peabody, MA)
Stratford Capital Group (“Stratford Capital”) is seeking candidates residing in the Greater Boston area for an Acquisitions Underwriter position. Primary responsibility will be to assist the Acquisitions staff in analyzing, underwriting and closing LIHTC investments. The position will be based in Stratford Capital's corporate office in Peabody, Massachusetts, approximately 12 miles north of Boston. We are seeking a motivated individual who possesses strong financial and analytical skills that will excel in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, team-based environment.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Work with Acquisitions Originators and Deal Managers in underwriting multifamily developments financed with LIHTC.
• Prepare financial projections and other analyses used in evaluating potential investments.
- Identify and evaluate potential underwriting issues. Work with Acquisitions Deal Managers to define solutions to mitigate underwriting risk.
- Collect and review due diligence materials for multiple projects.
- Engage and manage all third party activity including market research, engineering, environmental review and other services as required during the due diligence process. Ensure scope of review is appropriate and consistent with investment guidelines.
• Prepare investment packages for Screening and Investment Committees.
• Coordinate closing documentation with legal counsel.
• Assist in developing and maintaining good working relationships with clients.
• Travel periodically to analyze markets and evaluate properties.
Qualifications and Skills
• BS/BA in Finance, Real Estate, or related field.
• Strong financial modeling and analytical skills.
- Minimum 2 years’ of relevant experience in affordable housing, real estate finance, or LIHTC investments.
• Must be skilled in using Microsoft Office applications, specifically MS Excel and MS Word.
• Must take initiative and be able to demonstrate problem solving skills and critical thinking.
• Must be able to multi-task and simultaneously work on different projects.
• Must be able to work as an effective, collaborative team member.
• Must be able to work evening and weekend hours during peak periods.
• Must be able to speak and write English fluently and possess strong written and oral communication skills
• Must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident of US.
Stratford Capital Group
Stratford Capital is a privately-held group of companies involved in various facets of investment banking, multifamily real estate development and finance. Stratford Capital's primary focus involves the syndication of LIHTC investments in both multi-investor funds and proprietary investment funds for our corporate clients nationwide. Stratford Capital has successfully underwritten, sponsored and syndicated private equity in 225 multifamily rental apartment properties comprising in excess of 25,000 apartment units in 33 states with a capitalized value of approximately $3.9 billion. In addition to its headquarters in Peabody, Massachusetts, Stratford Capital maintains an office in Vienna, Virginia.
- Financial Analysis
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.