Join our Macquarie Capital division as an Analyst or Associate. You’ll join the Real Estate Principal Investing team in its New York office. In this role, you will identify, analyze, and execute on attractive risk / return investment opportunities as well as perform asset / portfolio management responsibilities with members of the team (~50/50 split between acquisitions and asset management). You will need to possess relevant experience and a vested interest in working on complex assets / transactions across property types and the capital structure (via acquisitions, asset / portfolio management, and dispositions), as well as maintain a strong attention to detail, handle changing workloads / priorities, and show excellent communication and organizational skills.
Macquarie Capital’s Real Estate Principal Investing team invests Macquarie’s own capital and has a highly flexible mandate in terms of target geographies (across North America), asset classes (multifamily, condo, office, hotel, industrial, retail, etc.), and investment types across the capital structure (equity, preferred equity, mezzanine, and stretch senior investments, etc.). Real Estate Principal Investing is a lean team with significant growth runway, providing candidates with the opportunity to work in a flat environment that encourages team members to expand their skillsets. Since its inception in 2010, the Real Estate Principal Investing team has invested nearly $4 billion across 86 transactions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Screening potential real estate investment opportunities across the capital stack and in various geographies
- Underwriting / prepare detailed financial analyses on potential asset, portfolio, and corporate-level transactions
- Performing asset management / portfolio monitoring tasks, including putting together internal updates (memorandums, model updates, etc.)
- Executing business plans, including through working directly with joint venture partners, property managers, and other third parties
- Drafting investment memorandums / presentations detailing deal merits, financial metrics, risks and mitigants, and market data, etc.
- Conducting in-depth market research, prepare sale / lease comparables analyses, and interface with brokers and market participants
- Finding and review exotic data sources and analyses – the team is highly data-driven and relies heavily upon analysts and associates to both find useful datasets and critically analyze them to answer diligence questions
- Supporting acquisitions, asset / portfolio management, and dispositions processes, including through working with internal and external teams during deal structuring, due diligence, financing, negotiations, and business plan execution
- Traveling as needed for the role
To be successful you will have:
- 2-5 years of experience in real estate, ideally with some experience in investment banking and / or principal investing (acquisitions and asset / portfolio management)
- Extensive complex financial modeling experience and a strong understanding of finance / real estate concepts
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and the broader Microsoft Office suite as well as Argus
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills, with an ability to envision the “big picture” while maintaining a hands-on approach and a close attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work effectively at all levels within an organization
- A proactive self-starter mindset with an ability to manage competing workstreams / deliverables in a fast-paced environment
If you are looking for a new and exciting challenge, apply today via the link.
Macquarie Capital provides advisory and capital raising services to corporate and government clients involved in public mergers and acquisitions, private treaty acquisitions and divestments, debt and equity fund raising, and corporate restructuring. It also undertakes principal investing activities globally in support of its client activities. With staff in 37 offices across 22 locations, Macquarie Capital is a truly global business. A role in the team will expose you to a dynamic working environment and the opportunity to contribute to high-profile transactions whilst working in a business with the best people in the industry.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Macquarie takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Asset Management
- Investment Banking
- Alternative Investments
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job