Jevan is a diversified commercial real estate platform which acquires and manages investment grade real estate in Arizona and Texas. We are seeking a full time Controller to oversee complex partnership structuring and stringent reporting requirements of our growing institutional investor base, as well as recently developed business lines in property management and construction.
This demanding role will require fielding accounting activity from 3 active platforms, and more than ten separate partnerships. The day to day will require interacting with large private equity firms, REITs, and both traded and non-traded corporate entities. In other words, Jevan is boutique, but serves firms much larger than itself.
The ideal candidate would author processes and controls within the existing reporting and accounting guidelines, lead a team of accountants and advise on the finance, taxes, sale and distributions to the investor base. The candidate will also be the primary point of contact for banks, auditors, and tax authorities.
- Establishes, or recommends to management, major economic strategies for the company.
- Prepares reports which summarize and forecast business activity and financial position based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Directs preparation of budgets and reviews budget proposals.
- Advises management about insurance coverage for protection against potential liabilities.
- Provides management with reviews of organization's financial status and progress in its various initiatives.
- Applies depreciation rates to capital assets.
- Advises management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax code changes.
- Arranges for audits of company accounts.
- Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Establishes and maintains relations with banks and other financial institutions.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: Bachelor's degree, Accounting or Finance preferred
- Experience: 5-7 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency with current financial software (Entrata, Yardi preferred)
- Understanding of US GAAP
- CPA/CFA/MBA preferred
Jevan is based in Phoenix Arizona- local applicants only
Benefits and pay commensurate with experience and skill set.
Quick Apply Link:
- Accounting / Control
- Investment Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.