McWhinney is a privately held full service real estate development, investment and management company with a team of highly talented associates. We are passionate about creating great places for people and providing fabled experiences. We are "evergreen," which means that we constantly strive to prosper in all phases of the real estate cycle. At McWhinney, we attract and retain the best and brightest in the industry and are constantly building our team to achieve our goals.
The Estimator / Project Manager is a supportive role across the vertical business units (Multi-Family, Hospitality & Commercial/Retail) ensuring complete project buy-out including budget and scope management throughout the project life cycle.
- Review, summarize and assist the business units with the creation & evaluation of the RFPs
- Assist business units in evaluating change orders and provide feedback and recommendations based on historical data, unit cost etc
- Assist business units in preparing project budgets for Investment Committee approval
- Assist business units in reviewing and provide recommendations on scope, cost etc. at GMP/contract phase
- Develop a comprehensive data base of historical data on a multitude of various building types, systems cost, unit cost, etc
- Project scope and bid leveling
- Other duties as required/assigned
- Position reports to SVP of Construction/Development
- Able to read architectural, MEP plans and analyze cost estimates
- Strong understanding of construction estimating, bidding and project execution phases
- Proficiency in MS Excel & Word
- Experience in Commercial, Hospitality and Multi-Family estimating preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering preferred or equivalent job experience
- Three (3) plus years’ experience in construction estimating preferred
- Project Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.