Realty Income, The Monthly Dividend Company®, one of four San Diego based S&P 500 companies dedicated to providing shareholders with dependable monthly income. Our company is structured as a REIT, and its monthly dividends are supported by the cash flow from over 6,000 real estate properties owned under long-term lease agreements with regional and national commercial tenants. To date, our company has declared almost 600 consecutive common stock monthly dividends throughout its 50-year operating history and has continually increased the dividend since Realty Income's public listing in 1994 (NYSE: O). Our company attracts individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and teamwork. If you appreciate working in a professional environment that rewards employees based on merit and values a work-life balance, make sure to apply today!
As Realty Income’s Lease Administrator, Tax Specialist, you will be responsible for maintaining a database of properties and taxing authorities. Your efforts assist in securing the company’s assets, through both accurate and timely payment monitoring. Working predominantly in our property management software, your ability to manage multiple priorities, and eagerness to acquire new skills will be fundamental to your growth and overall success!
Your Contribution to the Team Includes:
- Maintain YARDI database of taxing authorities, tax parcels, business licenses and other various accounts as needed.
- Accurately and timely research new property acquisitions as to the responsible taxing authorities. Accurately input determinations into YARDI database to include new taxing authorities, tax parcels, tax periods, payment due dates and amounts, and reconciliation dates.
- Review/abstract/confirm landlord and tenant obligations; accurately and timely input determinations into YARDI database.
- Maintain payment information as necessary (both in-house and confirmation of tenant direct payment).
- Accurately and timely manage taxes and related billings.
- Review all billings upon receipt and determine proper handling to include in-house payment or forward appropriately to tenant for direct handling.
- Request reimbursement from tenant as required to include accounting of current payments, pro-rata share, acknowledgment of funds received from selling party, vacancy periods and future lease expirations.
- Maintain accurate tenant ledger records; proper notification of changes to other department personnel.
- Process timely recoveries to include additional revenue collection when applicable.
- Verification of monitoring of tenant direct payments by third party.
- Timely collection and accurate reporting, payment of sales and use tax for Florida locations; back-up for Arizona locations
- Clear and accurate in-house communication upon request.
- Timely completion of legal checklists; verification of tax amounts for property dispositions, provide tax escrow amounts for property releases.
- Timely completion of audited monthly administration checklists.
- Proper notification to proper authorities of change in ownership, mailing address as applicable.
- Assist in onboarding and training of new Tax Specialists
- Special projects as assigned by Tax Supervisor
Performs other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need to be Successful:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from a four-year college or university is preferred.
- Zero to two years work experience.
- Ability to identify information to clarify a situation, seek that information from appropriate, multiple sources and use skillful questioning to abstract the information. Notice discrepancies and inconsistencies in available information.
- Carefully weighs the job responsibilities priorities. Can function effectively under pressure.
- Excellent attention-to-detail skills; ability to monitor own work and work of others for completeness and accuracy; ability to organize information and materials for others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and presentation abilities, including the ability to communicate complex ideas to large groups and management.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain positive, working relationships.
- Excellent PC skills including Outlook, Excel, Word, YARDI, and Internet.
To all recruitment agencies: Realty Income does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job’s alias, Realty Income employees, or any company location. Realty Income is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.