Silverstein Capital Partners (“SCP”) is the lending arm of Silverstein Properties Inc. SCP provides financing for all major product types in growing urban markets throughout North America. Leveraging over 50 years of real estate experience, SCP provides senior loans, bridge loans, subordinate loans, and rescue capital to borrowers on shovel-ready ground-up construction, heavy value-add repositioning, land, and inventory loans.
SCP is seeking an exceptional individual to join its team as an Associate in New York. The ideal candidate for the role has a bachelor’s degree in addition to 3+ years of experience preferably within a real estate lending platform, investment bank, institutional real estate fund, or an institutionally backed sponsor.
DESCRIPTION: The Associate will analyze and support all aspects of the SCP platform, including origination, underwriting, closing and asset management. Based at the Company’s Headquarters in Downtown Manhattan, specific responsibilities will include the following:
- Analyze potential opportunities to determine investment potential.
- Produce detailed financial models using Excel and ARGUS.
- Conduct due diligence through site visits and studying development budgets, sponsor/guarantor credit profiles, KYC reports, property valuations, market information, third party reports and financial statements.
- Prepare investment committee packages and assist in the presentation of transactions to investment committee.
- Support the management of SCP’s deal pipeline.
- Research and analyze markets and submarkets to ascertain underwriting assumptions and comparable data.
- Assist management in continuous monitoring of overall portfolio and credit risk.
- Develop and maintain relationships with mortgage bankers, real estate brokers, developers and investors.
- Bachelor's degree required with a concentration in real estate, finance, business, accounting, or related field.
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience within a real estate lending platform, investment bank, institutional real estate fund, or an institutionally backed sponsor.
- Outstanding proficiency in creating complex financial models for real estate financial analysis using Excel, including knowledge of advanced Excel functions. ARGUS proficiency is preferred, but not required.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and communication skills. Must be able to demonstrate strong understanding of financial statements, use of comparative data and financial forecasting.
- Ability to work in a challenging, fast paced environment and handle multiple projects at the same time. Accuracy and attention to detail is critical.
- Willing to question assumptions and demonstrates a passion for continuing education.
- Must work well as part of a team and take ownership in projects.
- Commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive employee benefits package
- Alternative Investments
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job