Kairos Investment Management Company is looking for an Investment Manager – Credit Strategies who has the skill to help execute a recently formed credit investment platform affiliated with KIMC. This position reports directly to the Senior Investment Director of Credit.
This is a unique opportunity to drive growth at a recently formed strategy of an established advisor engaged in a broad range of capital markets and lending activities. This individual will work closely with senior management to manage credit risk in a fund finance lending book consisting mainly of senior debt, mezzanine debt, and preferred equity investments secured by commercial real estate and multifamily assets with value-add strategies. Candidate will also help manage a national acquisition strategy of single tenant net-leased assets. From time to time, Candidate will also assist in the underwriting and structuring of alternative debt investment opportunities.
Job Duties in Brief
- Assist in the origination of qualified investments and help lead due diligence, underwriting and closing of transactions in concert with internal and external transaction team members including legal counsel
- Present investment opportunities to firm’s Investment Committee
- Lead analytics for the platform and train credit strategies analyst team
- Assist in post-closing asset management and reporting of investments and act as a liaison between third-party loan servicers and Senior Investment Director of Asset Management
- Manage platform’s CRM system and assist in marketing efforts
- Maintain market research data on target investment markets and report periodically to Investment Committee of risks and opportunities
- At least 7 years of work experience in the underwriting and due diligence function within a fund finance group or other lender and has demonstrated increasing responsibilities during career
- Master spreadsheet and ARGUS modeling skills
- Thorough understanding of financial and credit analysis, valuation and risk including physical due diligence, lease review and analysis, understanding of financial statements, review of third-party valuation reports
- Understanding of transaction management and closings
- Familiarity of general accounting principles
- Familiarity and experience with complex legal documentation preferred
- Experience with client management preferred
- Entrepreneurial, business-building mindset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player with a willingness and ability to work across products and geographic lines
- Highly motivated, must have strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a high-paced, dynamic environment, and ability to travel nationwide
- Bachelor’s degree required
- CFA or MBA holders will be given further consideration
What We Offer
- A challenging and rewarding role in an award-winning business.
- Opportunities for personal and professional career development.
- Great working environment, competitive salary, benefits, and opportunities for educational support.
- Be part of an industry leading team, renowned for excellence.
- Ground floor opportunity to help launch and grow a recently formed platform
- A highly competitive compensation package will be awarded to the successful candidate.
- Business Development
- Investment Management
7+ to 10 years
Apply for this job