City Urban Realty LLC (CUR) is a privately held, New York City based real estate investment firm founded in 2010. With direct focus on multifamily, retail and commercial assets in the New York City region, CUR is an organization that combines institutional infrastructure and an entrepreneurial culture to navigate the constantly evolving and highly sophisticated markets. CUR’s principals combined have 30 plus years of experience in acquiring, operating and managing real estate. In that time its principals have completed in excess of $1 Billion in transactions.
CUR is seeking to hire an intern to join its team. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, assisting with underwriting and due diligence on transactions, sourcing of new opportunities, market research, performing financial analysis to support asset management and portfolio management activities, and leasing. It is essential that the individual is extremely proactive, detail oriented, and enjoys working in a team environment. The individual will have a hand in different aspects of the business and will be working closely alongside with senior level management.
- Perform detailed market research on supply/demand fundamentals, economic trends, comparable sales and lease transactions, etc.
- Prepare investment memoranda and presentation materials.
- Assist in performing acquisition due diligence, including reviewing leases, contracts, historical operating statements, etc.
- Generate potential acquisition leads through targeted canvassing and cold calling.
- Work alongside property management to actively monitor and assist with owned assets.
- Arrange showings and schedule tours and open houses for residential rental units.
- Assist in leasing coordination with outside commercial brokers.
- Identify and form relationships with market-specific brokers and agents.
- Maintain and add contacts to internal broker database.
- Ideal candidate has experience in investment real estate, preferably in NYC.
- Experience working with a New York City real estate owner/developer/investor.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Google Drive, Propertyshark, and Lavamap.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, analytical, and a self-starter.
Please note this is an unpaid internship position. Preference will be given to candidates who are able to work Monday thru Friday and potentially on weekends, as needed.
- Asset Management
- Property Management
- Alternative Investments
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job