JOB TITLE: Director of Operations and Marketing
REPORTS TO: Managing Director
Our client is a commercial real estate brokerage firm dedicated to serving owners, developers, investors and tenants. The firm is entrepreneurial and growing, with a sister company involved in asset management, construction services, and a joint venture Opportunity Zone Fund. The brokerage company has offices in Portland, Maine and Portsmouth, New Hampshire and is seeking to grow in a strategic way with professional team members. Founded in 1975, the brokerage team has grown to include more than 30 people, including experienced brokers, recent recruits in a sales training process and a highly-skilled, professional support staff. The firm specializes in commercial transactions of office, industrial, retail, hospitality, multi-family and land development projects.
The Director of Operations and Marketing will oversee the day-to-day operations and marketing side of the business. The successful candidate will be a positive leader focusing on operations, strategic growth and marketing. This person will be responsible for managing the company budget, ensuring operational compliance is followed, addressing administrative issues, and collaborating with executive leadership to maximize revenue and expand upon the marketing strategy. The chosen candidate will bring with them new and innovative ideas regarding a targeted approach for social media marketing, a top-tier web presence, best-in-class client outreach and support, and a deliberate approach to maximizing broker productivity.
This position is uniquely knowledgeable about all business activities. It’s the Director’s job to stay abreast to all ongoing initiatives, identify areas for increased collaboration, facilitate proactive marketing initiatives, and to provide additional back office support.
- Oversee daily firm operations to ensure brokerage team is supported. This includes ensuring the timely delivery of marketing collateral, facilitating collaborative information sharing to speed deal process, and maintaining robust CRM platforms.
- Generate ideas to widen firm’s market share and fill pipeline – perform research, organize team members on execution
- Ensure all non-broker employees receive the training and resources necessary to support the sales teams
- Identify areas for improvement in operational processes of (budget, operations, and management, etc.) and implement any necessary upgrades
- Collaborate with Director of Marketing to ensure top quality web and social media presence
- Take strategic approach to marketing in order to ultimately position firm as industry thought leader, while employing consistent branding and messaging across all materials
- Focus on company's strategic growth and development
- Manage brokers on process, team and client issues
- Lead weekly sales and partner meetings: actively monitor brokers and develop production reports
- Oversee database management and back-office support
- Manage, recruit and oversee training of team members
- Develop and implement strategic marketing and advertising program
- Represent the organization in the marketplace as the onsite leader
- Assist in strategically growing the business
- Ensure company utilizes appropriate operating and reporting systems to maximize efficiency and growth
- Foster team spirit
- Onboard new employees and train on systems and processes
- Manage vendor relationships, particularly IT firm
- Work with executive management to ensure the firm maintains competitive benefits and incentive programs.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in commercial real estate, construction or design
- BS/BA degree in Business Management or related discipline
- Strong problem solving and time management skills with the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- Demonstrated success leading teams
- High attention to detail
- Strategic thinker who is willing to roll up their sleeves and execute
- Motivated self-starter
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of integrity, dependability and ability to work in a discrete and confidential manner
- Nimble, high-energy team player
- High level of proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), Salesforce or other related CRM.
- Hospitality / Entertainment
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.