Privately-held industrial real estate investment firm headquartered in Rosemont, IL seeks an entrepreneurial-minded professional to identify and execute real estate investment opportunities in our business region spanning the North Carolina and South Carolina markets. This is an exciting opportunity to work in the real estate industry for one of the top 20 global industrial real estate owners: In both 2017 and 2018 the firm executed over $1B in transactions. This regional Senior Vice President will lead the “value-add” investment strategy for the Carolinas region of the firm, which achieves outstanding risk-adjusted returns through acquiring, developing and operating industrial properties on a national platform. The firm’s portfolio spans 30 states and encompasses over 44 million square feet.
The Senior Vice President is responsible for sourcing, underwriting, and closing new acquisition and development opportunities to increase the firm’s overall portfolio. S/he will have access to the firm’s multiple capital methods for acquisitions and developments. The SVP will also have full property and asset management responsibility for properties acquired in the Carolinas region. Compensation is not salary-based but includes equity, management fees, and deal fee participation in sourced transactions. The SVP will work closely with the firm's Chief Investment Officer but will have full access to the firm's operational organization including underwriting, analysis, legal, and marketing support.
- Acquire and/or develop industrial real estate property in North Carolina and South Carolina
- Analyze, structure, and evaluate potential transactions and build a deal pipeline
- Conduct market research and utilize industry network to develop new leads on investment opportunities
- Assume full property and asset management responsibility for properties acquired in NC and SC
- Minimum of ten years’ demonstrable business development experience in the industrial real estate sector
- Insider’s knowledge of the NC and SC markets
- Strong connections within the industrial brokerage communities spanning NC and SC
- Strong negotiation skills, with ability to close deals effectively and successfully
- Financial modeling skills (with proficiency in Argus, Excel) a plus
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Ideal candidate has existing roots in either NC or SC, with residency in or near metropolitan areas including Charlotte, Raleigh/Durham, Greenville/Spartanburg, Columbia, or Charleston.
- Business Development
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.