Position Acquisitions Manager
Company Confidential Client
Location US – Remote Position – Various Locations
Reporting Relationship Chief Investment Officer
Our client is a real estate investment development company that owns and manages multifamily, retail and raw land sites. Their existing portfolio of primarily grocery-anchored shopping centers covers Colorado, Phoenix, Florida, and the Carolinas, and totals approximately 1+ million square feet of commercial buildings and over 5,000 AC of raw land. Our client is focused on creating long-term value and relationships for their further expansion into the development of Multi-family Properties.
The Acquisitions Manager will focus on identifying, contacting/calling and researching potential multi-family real estate investments, particularly off-market land sites that can be utilized for multifamily development. This role will require a sales-minded individual with tenacity, self-motivation, and continued reach, with a "I will not take 'no' for an answer" attitude. NOTE: This position has no fixed location, and could be considered a “remote” position in any number of U.S. cities.
• Collaborate with executive team to identify and develop a target list of locations and markets for investment opportunities.
• Approach owners and brokers in defined markets with a combination of direct cold calls, mailings, or other outreach activities.
• Cultivate relationships to owners, brokers and other relevant market participants to have a first look or inside view of the deal flow.
• Create a lead list of potential development opportunities that you pursue over months and years until they become reality.
• Search for residential investment properties on different sites, including Multiple Listing Service (MLS), CoStar, Yardi, etc..
• Develop and maintain an ownership database.
• Conduct research and due diligence on prospective investment opportunities.
• Maintain detailed pipeline of potential new investments to be reviewed on a weekly basis.
The evaluation process will include researching and analyzing demographic, economic, zoning, permitting, construction-cost, and real estate market data to selected market area trends in order to support the company underwriting deal team with a high level of certainty; communication with those parties familiar with the asset and market (investment sales brokers, lenders, property managers, tax advisors, attorneys, appraisers, and other third party service providers).
• Assist with the underwriting of potential opportunities.
• Ability to fully understand all aspects of an investment from both the property owner’s and investor’s viewpoints, to help with gathering information to help the negotiation process.
• Recognize and evaluate trends in the real estate market.
• Supports and participate in the company’s due diligence process.
• Minimum of five years of experience in acquisitions, specifically land and multi-family building acquisitions
• Perseverance, persistence, and patience are crucial attributes for success in this position
• Understands market and industry trends, and of financial concepts (DCF, ROI, IRR, NPV, Cap Rate, etc.) and factors affecting these metrics
• Ability to creatively guide opportunities to through the deal process to increase possibility of success.
• Ability to connect and persuade people, and develop and maintain professional relationships
• Action oriented, with the drive to push sales to successful closure; Must be very comfortable with cold calling
• Strong verbal & written communication, with the ability to take complex concepts and communicate clearly, accurately and persuasively
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in Business Administration, or Real Estate, Land Development preferred.
- Business Development
- Research/Market Analysis
5+ to 7 years