Location : Tysons Corner VA
Type: Owner Operator
Fully integrated, privately held, real estate investment company focusing on commercial real estate assets in major Mid Atlantic markets seeks the following role:
Position Overview: VP, Acquisitions & Fund Reporting
The VP, Acquisitions & Fund Reporting will report to the President, CEO and Managing Director, Acquisitions and will work closely with both internal and external partners to build the company brand.
The VP, Acquisitions will be able to manage the full life-cycle acquisitions process from sourcing to closing while performing strong analytical and due diligence responsibilities. This individual will also have a strong understanding of negotiation and fund reporting.
Overall Responsibilities Include:
- Source and analyze prospective, value add investment opportunities.
- Review budgets with brokers, lenders and internal departments during the underwriting, due diligence, loan and closing processes.
- Complete all necessary aspects of the due diligence process for any investment opportunities being pursued, including tenant credit analysis, drafting detailed lease abstracts, third party report reviews, lease and loan document reviews, market analysis and competitive positioning.
- Perform various financial analyses for prospective investment opportunities in Excel and Argus.
- Create complex and dynamic pro forma models and sensitivity analyses for project cash flows and investment returns.
- Calculate returns assuming various capital structures.
- Conduct property and market tours for investment qualification and competitive positioning.
- Compiles written communications to investors.
- Engaged in maintaining current and building new relationships with brokers, lenders and investors.
- Formulate and select target investment strategies, markets and opportunities. Compile and analyze data for existing markets.
- Involved in post-closing projects that allow for a seamless transition from acquisitions to asset management.
- Responsible for the financial planning, analysis, reporting, and administration of funds.
- Prepare, compile and review quarterly performance reports for fund investors.
Private Inquires, please call Sybil Galligan on 202-251-8110
- BA or BS required with preferred degrees in real estate, business finance, economics or related area.
- 7+ years of related acquisitions experience with a proven record of success in the commercial real estate industry is a must. Previous experience working for a developer and/or private equity fund preferred.
- Established track record of sourcing and closing transactions.
- Strong technical skills in the Microsoft Office suite in particular PowerPoint and advanced Excel skills. Able to make minimal graphic modifications in PowerPoint. Proficient in Argus.
- Proficiency in development and office/multifamily modeling.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and analytical skills necessary to communicate with brokers and investors.
- Strong time management skills, attention to detail and commitment to follow through.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment as a hands-on contributor.
- Travel is required; approximately 10% national travel.
- Investment Management
- Risk Management
- Alternative Investments
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.