POSITION: Senior Property Manager
SALARY: $80,897.00 - $126,433.00 Annually
CLOSING DATE: 02/14/20 05:00 PM
APPLY ONLINE: https://portofportland.com/Careers
The Port of Portland ("Port") seeks a senior property manager to apply their experience and expertise in property management, leasing and real estate to manage Port assets, with an emphasis on marine and industrial properties, and to support development related projects. This individual will be expected to develop strong relationships with tenants, evaluate the financial performance of assets, think strategically about their use, interpret and administer complex lease and real estate contracts and work collaboratively as a member of both internal and external project teams.
We are looking for someone who leads by example, exhibits a strong sense of team-orientation and good humor in the workplace, and who understands and wholly embraces our deep commitment to diversity and inclusion and advancing practices, strategies and policies that achieve equitable outcomes for all.
The person selected will be a valuable member of the Business, Development and Properties group within the Commercial Division, which is the business, trade and economic development arm of the Port. We develop, market and manage Port properties for business expansion and job creation; recruit and retain air and marine services to support Oregon and business customer needs; and generate revenue to support the Port mission and enhance regional prosperity.
The Port offers a competitive benefits package, including retirement through the State of Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), and a collaborative and diverse work environment in our award-winning LEED Platinum headquarters.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage Port real estate assets to generate, preserve and increase revenue through negotiation, drafting and processing of new leases and amendments and conducting site/facility inspections
- Develop and enhance excellent tenant relations and manage internal systems to ensure Port and tenant compliance with lease and other contract requirements
- Manage and maintain lease and contract compliance database
- Negotiate, process and administer leases and amendments, permit and right of entry agreements, and easements for the use of Port property
- Assist with marketing Port properties for sale, which may include drafting and negotiating property sale agreements and coordinating the closing of sale transactions
- Manage acquisitions of property required for Port operations, ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations and meeting pertinent Port needs and timelines
- Act as liaison with real estate appraisers, title companies, property management firms, real estate brokers
- Acquire and review real estate appraisals, title reports and environmental site assessments
- Provide work direction to staff to ensure that real property related agreements are properly approved, negotiated, prepared and administered
- Assist with hiring, training, motivating and retaining staff capable of carrying out the responsibilities of the group
- Perform various real estate research activities as needed
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in business, real estate or related field is desired OR any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the job duties (required)
- 5 years of progressively responsible work experience, including commercial real estate and/or property management
- Advanced knowledge of real estate principles and practices, including property management, commercial and industrial development and asset management, and an understanding of marine and cargo businesses are desired
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Prior experience with maintenance of property management and lease databases
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid Driver's License
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate the Port's commitment to valuing differences among individuals and passion for being inclusive
- Analyze and determine appropriate solutions to technical and operational problems related to property management
- Understand complex financial transactions and communicate technical information
- Negotiate and bring to completion various types of real estate agreements, including leases, lease renewals and amendments
- Draft, read, understand and explain complex legal agreements, Port policies and ordinances, and applicable laws, rules and regulations Work well in a team environment but also to take initiative and act independently
- Excellent writing skills to clearly and concisely document analysis and recommendations
- Superb verbal skills to communicate effectively with customers and to professionally represent the Port
- Attention to detail and ability to independently follow-through with projects and commitments
- Organize workload and prioritize tasks to meet changing priorities and deadlines
- Show utmost respect for others and be a proven team player
- Proficient inputting and retrieving data from agreements database systems
Diversity and Inclusion: At the Port, we don't just accept difference; we value and support it to create a culture of inclusiveness and fun. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EEO/Affirmative Action Policy Statement: The Port of Portland is dedicated to maintaining and improving a work environment, which extends equal opportunity to all individuals, regardless of their race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation. Employment decisions shall be made in such a manner as to further the principle of equal employment opportunity and to comply with state, federal and local laws. We affirm through this policy statement our continuing commitment to the principles of nondiscrimination and affirmative action.
Veterans Preference: Under Oregon law, qualified veterans may be eligible for veterans preference when applying for Port of Portland positions. If you are a veteran and would like to be considered for a veterans preference for this job, please provide the qualifying documents as instructed during the application process.
Background Checks and Drug Testing: The Port of Portland will conduct background checks and/or drug tests for positions where such tests are required by regulation and for other highly sensitive positions.
ADA Accommodation: Accommodations will be considered for applicants or candidates with a qualifying disability that prevents them from participating in this process. Accommodations will be made where the Port can reasonably do so without imposing an undue hardship on the business or compromising the integrity of the recruitment process. An applicant with any disability who believes that he or she needs an accommodation should contact Human Resources at 503.415.6690
1/24/2020 CREW #LI-DNI
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years