WealthStone is seeking an experienced Senior Associate or VP-level acquisitions professional to work closely with the Managing Directors to underwrite and acquire commercial real estate properties located throughout top U.S. markets, with an initial focus on Class A net-leased office and multifamily properties. The ideal candidate for this position must be detail oriented, creative, have a strong work ethic and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is results-driven and multicultural.
The Senior Associate / VP will have strong problem solving and quantitative skills and have a proven track record of supporting acquisition and business development activities in commercial real estate. The individual will also be well versed in financial analysis, underwriting, and conducting the due diligence process associated with acquiring commercial real estate properties, with exceptional Excel and Argus modeling capabilities. The position will report directly to the Managing Directors of the firm.
This position requires 10%-25% travel, including some international travel and different international time zones interaction.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Acquisitions and Transaction Execution (approximately 70%):
- Develop cash flow projection models with respect to investments, including direct investments, joint ventures, and developments;
- With input from Directors, administer all due diligence relating to new investments, including the review of business plans, third party reports, title/survey, historical financial statements, leases, vendor contracts, and market research;
- Assist with deal execution, including drafting and negotiating acquisition and joint venture term sheets, purchase agreements, operating agreements and reviewing other deal documentation;
- Assist with procuring asset-level debt financing;
Asset and Portfolio Management (approximately 20%):
- Support asset management, including developing and executing business plans, and managing relationships with capital partners and third-party service providers;
- Maintain lease, sales and other requested research information in an organized and retrievable fashion;
- Develop appropriate research metrics for quarterly review by management;
- Compile data from third party brokerage firms and other sources for easy retrieval.
Business and Strategy Development (approximately 10%):
- Support the development of new business initiatives;
- Present Investment opportunities to existing investors and assist the firm’s capital markets team in cultivating new relationships;
- Research market trends and assist the firm’s Managing Directors in identifying strategies that are appropriate for the firm’s key investor groups.
REQUIREMENTS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- 4-7 years of relevant real estate investment banking, private equity experience or direct commercial real estate operator/developer experience;
- Asset-level underwriting experience highly preferred;
- BA/BS degree in related field is required with outstanding academic credentials;
- Proficient financial modeling skills;
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with tact and diplomacy;
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills;
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, external partners and investors;
- Excellent ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and with proper professionalism;
- Fluent in all necessary technology; primarily Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word), Adobe Acrobat, Argus, among others;
- Willingness to learn and undertake new tasks outside of prior experience with enthusiasm and confidence;
- Self-motivated, disciplined and flexible with ability to adapt to change.
- Competitive base pay
- Annual Bonus program
- Generous paid time off – vacation, sick and 10 company paid holidays, in addition to paid year-end break from December 24th to January 1st each year.
- Parking allowance
- Casual-dress work environment (with select exceptions)
- Business Development
- Portfolio Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.