|$97,740.50 - $156,384.80 Annually|
Salary depends on experience
To direct, manage and coordinate goals, priorities and special projects relating to the operations and activities of the Economic and Urban Development Department and the Redevelopment Agency (RDA); to guide and coordinate assigned activities with the City Council, city departments and outside agencies; to foster continued review of programs and services to optimize redevelopment and economic development, primarily in the downtown area of the city of Las Vegas; to provide assistance to developers, property owners, and businesses; to provide support to the Redevelopment Agency Board; and to provide highly responsible and complex administrative support to the Director, Economic and Urban Development.
Receives general administrative direction from the Director, Economic and Urban Development.
Exercises direct supervision over managerial, professional, technical and clerical staff.
- Facilitate and manage implementation of the Economic and Urban Development Department and Redevelopment Agency business plan, goals, and initiatives, including, business attraction, retention and expansion programs; revitalization of the urban core, and create, integrate, and manage orderly and sustainable development and growth of our community; participate in the review, development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Participate in establishing, within city policy, appropriate service and staffing levels; monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery and work methods and procedures; allocate resources accordingly.
- Conduct and coordinate complex analyses, calculations, and projects relative to the operations of the Economic and Urban Development Department and the Redevelopment Agency with the focus on redevelopment and economic development.
- Participate in planning, directing and coordinating, through subordinate managers, the department's work plan; assign projects and programmatic areas of responsibility; review and evaluate work methods and procedures; meet with management staff to identify and resolve problems.
- Assess and monitor workloads, administrative support systems and internal reporting relationships, and identify opportunities for improvement; direct and implement approved changes.
- Participate in selecting department staff; promote effective morale, productivity and discipline; plan, organize, administer, review and evaluate the activities and performance of staff directly and through subordinate managers; work with staff to establish work priorities and schedules; encourage and provide for staff training and professional development; interpret city policies and procedures for staff; prepare and conduct formal performance evaluations; work with employees to develop short and long term goals, monitor accomplishments, establish performance requirements and personal development targets and provide coaching for performance improvement and development.
- Attend and participate in professional group meetings; stay abreast of new trends, pronouncements, and laws that govern redevelopment and economic development.
- Represent the department and the Redevelopment Agency to other city departments, elected officials and outside agencies; coordinate department activities with those of other departments and outside agencies and organizations; provide staff support to assigned boards and commissions.
- Assume management oversight for the day-to-day operations of department and Redevelopment Agency personnel, services and activities at the direction or in the absence of the Director.
- Provide direct assistance and support to department director on special assignments, departmental initiatives, and city-wide programs.
- Respond to and resolve difficult and sensitive citizen inquiries and complaints; respond to media inquiries.
- Prepare, or direct the preparation of, a wide variety of financial, statistical, operational and administrative reports.
- Participate in, support and foster the development of a culture that values people and their differences and is free from inequities and barriers to people reaching their full potential.
- Participate in promoting sustainable, environmentally sensitive development and operations in the community and the department.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Community Development
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.