Leadership and Management Responsibilities
- Work closely with company departments including Leasing, Development, Construction, Tenant Coordination, Asset Management, Acquisitions, and Property Management to create and implement strategies and processes
- Management of a team of in-house construction project managers, as well as overseeing 3rd party tenant coordination representatives
- Coordinate with leasing representatives and tenants during lease negotiation process; develop and compile all documents (work letters, budgets, lease exhibits)
- Maintain ultimate responsibility for construction budgets and schedules
- Build and maintain relationships with tenants’ construction & development teams
- Enter key information regarding status of all projects in Cedar’s project management system to provide real time reporting to senior management; lead weekly team calls to ensure that all pertinent departments remain up to date regarding the status of all tenant construction projects
- Develop and/or approve construction project budgets
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of industry standards and best practices, including staying connected with retail and general construction trends.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of all tenant coordination tasks that the team is responsible for. Understand the day to day challenges of the team in executing these tasks and working toward solutions to those challenges.
Key Responsibilities of Tenant Construction Team:
- Facilitate timely and accurate completion of all LOI / lease exhibit requests (budgets, schedules, work letters, LODs)
- Identify, establish and manage contact with tenant’s representatives. Maintain contact with tenant from lease execution to delivery of possession.
- Process budget and plan review requests from leasing ensuring stated scope matches the lease requirements.
- Review Landlord’s work sections of new leases and ensure that construction activities conform to lease requirements
- Meet with the permitting authorities for the respective centers and manage the approval processes, as required.
- Bid, review, award and oversee work through completion for all associated Architectural/Engineering design work and General Contractor delivery work.
- Review and approve tenant construction drawings to ensure compliance with lease, budget, schedule and design requirements
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience within the retail construction industry in a position closely matching the job description above
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction, or other relevant disciplines is a plus
- A verifiable track record of successful management of significant retail projects
- Strong leadership and management experience required. Must be capable of developing processes, managing a department and negotiating with consultants and contractors, as required.
- Strong conceptual estimating & budgeting skills are necessary, as well as a thorough grasp of contractor selection, bid processes, and management of multiple active construction projects
- Willingness and ability to travel and participate in an open, “team” oriented work atmosphere
- Ability to interact with local jurisdictions, building inspectors and third-party contractors to facilitate project permits and compliance
- Demonstrated proficiency in, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Bluebeam/Adobe Acrobat, Project Scheduling Applications. Proficiency with Projectmates is a plus.
- Project Management
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.