Mortgages Trading Analyst
The Mortgages Trading Analyst will focus on daily monitoring of markets and conduct daily trading activity specific to liquid/bond related mortgage opportunities. The opportunity set in this space is large and this addition to the team will allow Värde to be active in the market on a daily basis.
Värde Partners is a $14 billion global alternative investment firm that employs a value-based approach to investing across a broad array of geographies, segments and asset types, including corporate and traded credit, real estate, mortgages, financial services, real assets and infrastructure. The firm sponsors and manages a family of private investment funds with a global investor base that includes foundations and endowments, pension plans, insurance companies, other institutional investors and private clients. Now in its third decade, Värde employs more than 300 people globally with regional headquarters in Minneapolis, London and Singapore.
Värde’s investing activities are guided by the following investment philosophy: (i) search opportunistically for undervalued or inefficient markets; (ii) invest in financial assets at a discount to their intrinsic value; (iii) identify catalysts for value recognition; (iv) pursue medium-term investment horizons; and (v) manage risk through diversified investment programs and trading strategies.
Our firm’s core values of Integrity, Excellence, Collegiality, Innovation and Humility are apparent in our workplace every day. Värde employees are rewarded for their contributions, especially their passion, expertise and ideas. For more information, please visit our website at . If you would like to be considered for employment with Värde Partners, please review our open roles on our careers page.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Work with team to monitor markets and conduct daily trading activity
- Monitor structured credit and mortgage markets and hedging activities for the Mortgages Business
- Responsible for updating and tracking portfolio management reporting for liquid mortgage investments
- Communicate daily with Wall Street relationships to ensure we are seeing opportunities that fit investment strategy
- Perform credit analysis in Bloomberg and Intex
- University degree required
- Experience in financial markets, including experience on a trading desk
- Good problem solving skills and quantitative intuition
- Proven ability to work independently and build relationships at range of financial institutions / trading counterparties
- Proven ability to develop and execute investment thesis
- Fluency in advanced Excel and basic Excel programming; experience with Bloomberg and Intex
- Good communicator, able to work well with a variety of people in person and over phone
- Eagerness to take on new challenges and new projects, often without clear structure or precedent
- Detail-oriented, flexible, able to prioritize and manage time well
- Able to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Investment Management
- Alternative Investments
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job