A high-profile opportunity for an experienced team player who will support the Executive Managing Director in executing new multifamily and senior housing ground up development transactions that meet investment targets for various investment mandates. The Senior Director will interface with various internal and external parties for successful execution of development plans for current projects in a significant national housing development portfolio. Relocation support is available for this position.
- Provide support for evaluating new investment opportunities and structuring new ventures, drafting memorandums and executive summaries, and assembling data for internal evaluations and recommendations.
- Collaborate with USAA Real Estate’s internal team and external consultants on performing extensive due diligence for each new ground up development.
- Coordinate with internal and external parties to implement the necessary closing procedures for land acquisitions and joint venture transactions.
- Participate in the successful execution of development plans that achieve target returns for each multifamily and senior housing development project, in collaboration with development partners and the project teams.
- Review monthly construction draw requests and project reports and coordinate legal and insurance matters with risk management and legal teams as needed.
- Monitor development execution and provide oversight of the project activities throughout the various phases of development, construction and project close out.
- Maintain ongoing knowledge of projects and elevate any potential issues to Executive Managing Director and track solution implementation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
At USAA Real Estate our employees enjoy generous benefits packages including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401k, educational and professional designation assistance, business casual dress attire and much more! Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen. The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA Real Estate is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction, Real Estate Development, Finance or related field.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in commercial real estate development, with at least 5 years in multifamily or senior housing development execution.
- Strong knowledge of construction methods and materials.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and Word.
- Willing to travel.
- Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.
- Attention to details and ability to execute with minimal supervision.
- The ideal candidate will be a team player with proven leadership skills, problem solving skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously in a collaborative and respectful fashion.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
10+ to 15 years