Title: Project Engineer
Abacus Capital Group LLC – Visit Website
Employment: Full Time
Real Estate Field: Construction/Project Management
Location: Denver, CO
Abacus Capital Group (Abacus or the firm) is a New York headquartered market specialist focused solely on the U.S. Multifamily market. Founded in 2004, Abacus serves institutional investors through a series of commingled funds. Those funds target value-add, core and core plus investments. Its portfolio spans the country having invested in all eight NACREIF regions.
Operationally Abacus specializes in market analysis, acquisitions, development and implementing its proprietary business plans. Abacus’s development platform leverages strategic partnerships with local development teams, as well as, utilizes in-house capabilities to operate in a variety of markets. This vertical is currently undergoing a significant expansion with internal focus on bringing this capability to target markets nationwide over the coming years.
Though Abacus is headquartered in New York, we have substantial regional offices in Los Angeles and Denver.
We are currently seeking a Project Engineer to join the Abacus team based out of our Denver, CO office. We are looking for individuals with a background in Construction, Architecture or Engineering with experience in construction project management in the multifamily sector to assist with our ground-up development initiatives in target markets across the US. Candidates with experience in the condominium, student or single-family sectors may also be considered for the role.
The role requires an entrepreneurial spirit, attention to detail, a strong independent work ethic along with demonstrative skills to work on a variety of projects in many locations, with a variety of project teams. The role seeks a candidate with strong problem-solving proficiency and adept people skills. Abacus is a tight knit team, and we strive for a strong work/life balance.
- Ability to read & understand Construction Drawings & Specifications and be responsible for internal version control.
- Experience with budget & schedule development, management and tracking with reporting to senior management on a monthly basis.
- Ability to perform internal plan and cost reviews.
- Experience with RFP generation, hard bid analysis and leveling with ability to make recommendations to senior management for a variety of project tasks and trades.
- Ability to perform contract negotiations and to analyze & negotiate change orders.
- Perform regular site inspections and mange third party engineering consultants.
- Ability to identify unsatisfactory construction work items and coordinate with necessary parties to address deficiencies.
- Perform unit walk and turnover activities and track punchlist and project closeout.
- Review monthly draw requests from GC’s and Subcontractors and work with development to assist with draw funding.
- Undergraduate degree with 5+ to 7 years of direct construction experience seeking a growth opportunity.
- Ability to write clear and concise communications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in Procore, Microsoft Planner and Teams a plus.
- Ability to run meetings, set agendas and issue meeting minutes.
- The ability to present to a group either internally or before investors.
- Project work will be nationwide so frequent travel will be required.
- Project Management
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job