Leasing Executive – Houston, TX
The Leasing Executive is responsible for the leasing of up to 2 million square feet of space in shopping centers in the assigned region. The ideal candidate will be a high-energy, self-starter, with a proven track record of retail deal-making.
- Lease all vacancies in assigned retail centers
- Maintain market awareness: prospective tenants, competing shopping centers, new shopping centers, market rents, market trends, networking, etc.
- Update marketing materials for all assigned centers
- Visit existing tenants and understand customer dynamics of the assigned centers
- Cold calls via phone and in- person to build pipeline and generate business
- Assist legal in negotiating leases
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Must possess effective sales and negotiation skills along with excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to learn the Weingarten Leasing systems - computer technology, etc.
- Must be open to overnight travel to visit properties
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of 1-2 years of retail leasing experience is required; 3-5 years experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field strongly preferred; High School Diploma required
- Working relationships with national and regional retailers is preferred; working knowledge of anchor lease negotiations and pad sale/ground leasing is also preferred
- Texas Sales Agent or Texas Broker's License (an active license is strongly preferred; however, candidates who do not currently have a license may be considered so long as they are able to obtain license if hired)
- Valid Driver's License
Weingarten is an EEO Employer; including Women, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled.
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.