Overview: Trimont Real Estate Advisors, LLC is an industry leading commercial real estate services firm, which has been providing asset management, loan servicing, due diligence and customized advisory solutions to commercial real estate lenders and investors for over 30 years. We are a trusted partner to clients in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
We are seeking a Senior Associate to assist the IAS team in the credit underwriting and portfolio management of real estate-related corporate debt investments.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsibilities will include assisting with the credit underwriting and monitoring of a portfolio of real estate-related corporate secured and unsecured debt investments. Activities will include the following:
o Public and private company financial analysis and fundamental due diligence
o Monitoring of credit strength by performing detailed quarterly financial reviews
o Processing and communicating key company developments
o Interpreting and abstracting credit agreements
o Developing and maintaining complex financial models
o Producing materials to be presented to senior management
· Working with team in collecting, processing and organizing all required underwriting documentation and relevant credit information
· Maintaining portfolio-level credit trackers and watch lists
· Performing industry-level analysis to determine relative value of positions in the portfolio and relevant industry-wide headwinds/tailwinds
· Liaising with operations and compliance teams on certain projects
· Creating and managing a comprehensive underwriting database
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· 4+ years of relevant credit investing, restructuring, or leveraged finance underwriting experience, with real estate knowledge
· Experience in analyzing financial statements and conducting company and industry-level fundamental due diligence
· An understanding of secured/unsecured bond and term loan structure
· Strong financial modeling skills and advanced proficiency with Microsoft Suite; Macro, VBA, SQL, and Python knowledge a plus
· Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation
· A demonstrated strong work ethic with self-motivation and a desire to work in a collaborative, small team environment
· Highly analytical thinker with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes
· Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing
· Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with clients and colleagues
Note: This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary.
Trimont Real Estate Advisors is an equal opportunity employer
- Financial Analysis
- Advisory Services/Consulting
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.