ACORE Capital is an independent commercial real estate finance company. We originate, acquire and manage first mortgage loans, B-notes, mezzanine debt and preferred equity investments throughout the U.S. ACORE Capital one of the largest-scale and most active private debt lenders, exclusively focused on transitional commercial real estate with $16.9 Billion of Assets under Management (AUM) in real estate credit strategies (as of 12/31/2019) - has a need for its national Asset Management platform in Dallas, Texas.
Our management team brings deep industry relationships, unparalleled real estate debt investment experience and access to broad-based deal flow. The team is led by commercial real estate finance veterans Boyd Fellows, Stew Ward, Chris Tokarski and Warren de Haan, who built and ran the commercial real estate lending activities at Starwood Property Trust, Countrywide Financial Corporation and Nomura Securities International Inc. During their 20-year partnership, this team has closed more than 4,000 commercial real estate loans totaling more than $40 billion.
ACORE Capital is seeking one or more motivated, team-oriented Analyst with 1-3 years of commercial real estate experience to join the Asset Management team in our Dallas office. The primary responsibilities of the role include managing and reporting on the performance of large, structured, transitional commercial loans, including reviewing collateral and guarantor financials, underwriting loan advances and reserve releases, completing market surveillance, analyzing cash flows, and preparing detailed credit memorandums on real estate debt. The ideal candidate should understand the asset management oversight process for commercial real estate debt and be capable of managing their own loan book with some supervision. Additionally, the candidate should be self-motivated, work effectively in teams, be detail oriented, and capable of managing multiple concurrent responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
The candidate(s) will have an excellent opportunity to work on a broad variety of large, opportunistic, and value-add institutional real estate loans encompassing multiple property types across the U.S.
- Provide ongoing surveillance of structured loans, including assisting in risk rating loans, using available data (Axiometrics, CoStar, RCA, STR, etc.) and third-party resources (brokers, appraisers, property managers, etc.)
- Analyze loan and property level financials, prepare models in Excel
- Periodically review Sponsor, Guarantor and Borrower liquidity and net worth (financial statement review and analysis, completion of credit forms, etc.).
- Prepare and maintain financial projections, including lease rollover, occupancy, and cash flow
- Review draw requests, update project budgets, identify project and carry shortfalls and communicate loan re-balancing needs to borrower
- Underwrite and process loan advance and reserve disbursement requests
- Analyze borrower consent requests and prepare formal credit memos
- Update investor presentations and participate in quarterly asset reviews
- Abstract and review loan agreements and monitor covenant and critical date triggers
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Real Estate, a related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- Able to read, write, understand, and effectively communicate in English
- Able to use a computer, with working knowledge of Microsoft Office required, Argus preferred
- VBA for Excel or other coding experience a plus
- Able to use general office equipment such as printer, copier, scanner, fax machine
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Able to perform basic mathematical and accounting functions
- Able to analyze and resolve problems; accuracy and good attention to detail is imperative
- Proactive, self-directed, and motivated, able to consistently meet deadlines
- General understanding of real estate terms, loan agreements, leases a plus
- High character, able to respect and maintain confidentiality
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
- Hospitality / Entertainment
Apply for this job