What You Will Do
The Regional Director is responsible for various aspects of property and asset management for the apartment portfolio under his or her direct supervision. The Region Director’s goal relates to achieving the desired objectives of CWS’ investors in accordance with Multi-Family Group’s policies and procedures. The Regional Director is expected to supervise the operation of each and every property and its related functions, including, but not limited to, the administrative, including operating policies and procedures, human resources, maintenance, and the budgeting-financial aspects of each property.
This position reports to a Regional Vice President of Operations.
Essential Job Functions:
Responsible for managing staff
- Hire, coach, and motivate a professional and competent staff that works together to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Provide feedback during annual performance evaluations for on-site partners.
- Clearly communicate goals and objectives for each community.
- Effectively delegate responsibility for each community to the appropriate team member partner.
- Demand quality performance from all on-site partners.
- Counsel individuals as necessary.
- Follow and ensure adherence to CWS’ HR policies and procedure
Responsible for maintaining positive resident relations
- Establish and maintain a professional, courteous relationship with any and all individuals.
- Promote a responsive and service oriented environment, treating all customers fairly and with respect.
- Show continuous commitment to excellent customer service.
Responsible for the property’s financial performance
- Operate in accordance with the annual business plan and monitor the performance of each community. Recommend operational changes to improve profitability on an as needed basis.
- Maximize the long term value of the communities.
- Attempt to identify new revenue enhancing opportunities.
- Minimize expenses without compromising value to the customer.
- Prepare operating budgets, capital improvement plans, and cash flow forecasts.
- Evaluate and monitor the information in the proper financial statements.
- Prepare annual property budgets and asset management plans for each property in the portfolio.
Responsible for maintaining the community
- Review contracts, bids, and proposals to ensure information and scope are competitive and comprehensive.
- Monitor capital improvements to ensure completion.
Responsible for marketing the community
- Monitor trends in the marketplace.
- Establish, with the Community Director(s) and the Marketing Director, goals related to traffic, leasing, closing ratios, resident satisfaction, etc.
- Develop and evaluate the marketing mix for the property. Includes rent adjustments, lease terms, locator fees, resident retention programs, special offerings, etc.
- Monitor occupancy and leasing information for each community on a regular basis.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adhere to a set and variable work schedule, including weekends and emergencies, as required.
- Ability to adhere to company policies, procedures, and practices.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to professionally interact with residents and guests, as needed.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with good driving record and current automobile insurance.
- At least 5 years of strategic marketing, lease-up execution, and property management.
- Asset Management
- Community Development
- Portfolio Management
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job