MG Properties Group specializes in the acquisition, development, rehabilitation and management of apartment communities throughout the western United States. With a commitment to "Enriching Lives Through Better Communities,” the company has provided thousands of quality living spaces for its residents, produced excellent returns for its investors, and created fulfilling career opportunities for its employees.
We are currently seeking an Acquisitions Director to work out of our Corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA. The Acquisitions Director will be responsible for sourcing, touring, and underwriting potential real estate investment opportunities, performing due diligence activities, interacting with lenders and investment partners and facilitating purchase transactions. Other tasks as necessary, related to the transaction process for acquisitions, dispositions, loan financing and equity raises.
The following list of duties and responsibilities is not necessarily all-inclusive. Different or additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this position at the discretion of the Company, depending on business and staffing demands:
- Manage acquisition process from deal sourcing through closing.
- Identify and recommend feasible investment opportunities by interfacing with brokerage community and principals; researching property, demographic and other pertinent information within target markets.
- Apply analytical processes to determine whether opportunities meet or exceed the company's investment criteria including running sensitivity analyses.
- Ensure full disclosure and verification of all details about the property and the transaction by completing due diligence activities including: obtaining, scrutinizing and confirming all diligence documentation such as third party reports, market analysis, rent surveys, property inspections, lease audits, and reviewing competitive properties.
- Extensive travel to tour properties, evaluate sub-markets, and meet with industry contacts.
- Underwrite transactions to meet investment objectives by analyzing financing options and operating metrics. Prepare proformas and business plans for new acquisitions.
- Construct and operate detailed, complicated financial models in Excel of apartment investment opportunities, including acquisition valuation, preferred equity and joint venture equity waterfalls, and lender underwriting
- Coordinate with internal teams (such as operations and construction management) to vet assumptions.
- Coordinate with external advisers (legal, accounting, engineering) as necessary.
- Draw objective conclusions from analysis and present recommendations.
- Prepare investment offerings.
- Assist with post-acquisition accounting integration.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 to 8 years of experience supporting investment or acquisition decisions
- Comprehensive experience with all aspects of multifamily real estate acquisitions
- Familiarity with private investor capital legal structures and accounting treatment
- Familiarity with institutional joint-venture structures and processes
- Must have expert demonstrated knowledge and proficiency of MS Office system computer software, particularly Excel
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, real estate, or a related field, MBA preferred
- Completion of education/training in related real estate industry courses preferred
- Industry related certifications/designations preferred (eg. CFA, CCIM)
MG Properties Group offers an array of benefits including a comprehensive Health Benefits program, 401k Match, paid time off, bonus incentives, SharePlan bonus program, and rental discounts at all of our properties!
MG Properties Group is committed to enriching lives. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and drug- free workplace. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
- Financial Analysis
- Investment Management
5+ to 7 years