Four Corners (“FCPT” or the “Company”) was launched in November 2015 and owns approximately 700 properties, the majority of which are triple net restaurant properties. The Company’s business strategy going forward is to diversify and grow its real estate portfolio by acquiring branded restaurants and other strong retail properties. The Company is publicly traded on the NYSE with an enterprise value of over $2.6 billion. For more information on the company, please see .
We are seeking an exceptional candidate to join the team as an Assistant Controller. This position will help lead the accounting team in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment, reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer. The successful candidate will perform management and oversight activities associated with the preparation of financial statements, lease and revenue accounting, acquisition accounting, REIT requirements, and stock compensation.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee quarterly and annual financial reporting, ensuring processes and controls are effective in reporting the Company’s earnings, financial position and cash flows
• Identify and analyze the impact of new or proposed GAAP accounting regulations, pronouncements and other technical matters related to reporting
• Work closely with acquisition and legal teams to determine and document the accounting for acquisitions and other lease-related transactions
• Manage quarterly lease accounting processes including straight-line rent schedules, collectability analysis, and CAM/operating expense reconciliations
• Direct oversight of payroll and stock-based compensation accounting
• Month-end duties, including review of journal entries, account reconciliations, and error investigations
• Manage quarterly and annual tax projection and REIT compliance testing
• Assist in management of key systems implementations and process improvements
• Participate in support activities to senior management, including preparation of financial data used in quarterly press releases of company operating results, materials used in quarterly presentations to the Company Board of Directors, and investor and lender analysis
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA license
• Minimum of 8 years of public and private accounting experience; real estate industry experiences highly preferred
• Technical accounting experience in areas including lease and acquisition accounting, stock compensation preferred
• Experience with publicly traded companies, internal controls and supporting SOX requirements
• Excellent communication skills, with experience communicating to all levels in one/one, informational and presentational roles
• Previous management experience
• Strong knowledge of GAAP and internal controls pertaining to areas of oversight
- Accounting / Control
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.