Realty Income, The Monthly Dividend Company®, one of four San Diego based S&P 500 companies dedicated to providing shareholders with dependable monthly income. Our company is structured as a REIT, and its monthly dividends are supported by the cash flow from over 6,000 real estate properties owned under long-term lease agreements with regional and national commercial tenants. To date, our company has declared almost 600 consecutive common stock monthly dividends throughout its 50-year operating history and has continually increased the dividend since Realty Income's public listing in 1994 (NYSE: O). Our company attracts individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and teamwork. If you appreciate working in a professional environment that rewards employees based on merit and values a work-life balance, make sure to apply today!
As Realty Income’s Temporary Financial Reporting Specialist, you will be responsible for drafting and reviewing SEC reporting documents including the 10-Q, 10-K, Proxy, 8-Ks, and Form 4s. Reporting to the Director, Financial Reporting, this role allows you unique exposure to a global organization. The fast-paced nature of the role, coupled with your expertise, will ensure each day is lively and unique. You will also responsible for technical accounting research, as well as oversee the review and recording of purchase price allocations in accordance with ASC 805.
Your Contribution to the Team Includes:
- Oversight for recording monthly transactions including accounting for equity and consolidation activities
- Responsible for Investment Management module of Yardi and applicable trouble-shooting for consolidation roll-up
- Maintenance of employee stock transactions in Yardi Investment Management module
- Oversight of the ASC 805 internal valuation procedures, including responsibility for accuracy of assets recorded to the GL and fixed asset module
- Preparation and review of schedules supporting SEC financials and footnotes
- Preparation of Quarterly and Annual Reports on Form 10-Q/K
- Review of XBRL data files filed in conjunction with the 10-Qs and 10-K
- Preparation of other SEC filings such as registration statements, DEF 14A (Proxy) and prospectuses for note/stock offerings
- Work with directors/officers to file Section 16 filings (Form 3s, 4s) as reportable transactions occur
- Facilitate quarterly Disclosure Committee meetings with key members of management
- Coordination with external auditors and attorneys to ensure questions and/or concerns identified are addressed and disclosed appropriately
- Review of financial data included in Investor Presentations
- Special projects, including performing accounting research and formally documenting the conclusions of management, with the review and approval of the controller, other members of accounting management, and/or the CFO
- Preparation and review of quarterly Board Book materials
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need to be Successful
- BS in Accounting/Finance
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Work experience must include a publicly traded company with SEC reporting requirements
- Mix of Big 4 Accounting and REIT industry experience preferred
- International accounting experience a plus
- Certified Public Accountant
- Ability to execute in ambiguous situations and take the lead without explicit instructions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet public company reporting deadlines.
- Strong financial acumen; facile with all of the company’s key financial statements. Must have a clear and thorough understanding of U.S. GAAP, SEC, and SOX regulations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain accounting concepts to non-accounting leaders
- Experience with general ledger software (Yardi), share-based compensation software (Equity Edge Online), and SEC filing software (Workiva) preferred.
- Strong PC skills including Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent PC skills in Excel (including but not limited to VLOOKUPs, complex/compound equations, logical equations, macros, pivot tables and the ability to understand/build/edit complex financial models).
- Ability to adapt to ever-changing requirements and creatively solve problems effectively and efficiently with a high degree of accuracy.
5+ to 7 years