Our New York office is seeking a Commercial Loan Originator to join our team.
SAB Capital is a leading boutique commercial real estate brokerage firm focused on national single tenant net-lease investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services. We have developed our expertise through extensive work in sell-side, buy-side and capital markets assignments on behalf of private equity funds, family offices, closely held businesses and publicly traded companies.
SAB Capital is looking to add a Loan Originator to its capital markets advisory team. This individual will be responsible for the sourcing, management, and placement of new business. The ideal candidate or team will have commercial real estate experience, and be able to manage the financing needs of SAB Capital s twenty investment sales professionals while developing new business.
- Identify and aggressively build/maintain relationships with real estate advisors, sponsors and developers
- Convert opportunities into exclusive financing mandates
- Assist in leading transactions from initial client pitches to lender presentations and transaction closings
- Ensure quality of client deliverables by maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Oversee credit underwriting activities at the asset and sponsor level
- Work within a team framework to identify the appropriate lenders for clients various capital needs
- Identify and attend relevant conferences and events to build a brand and find new avenues for business
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 1 year of experience in commercial real estate and/or loan origination
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a team environment
- Ability to interface with C-level executives, portfolio managers, and high net worth individuals
- Strong decision-making capability with a thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and client-driven expectations and deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Superior analytical, comprehension and creative problem-solving skills
- Capability to be coached and master new tasks quickly
- Ability to manage and work successfully with Type A personalities
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel financial modeling
- Thorough understanding of commercial real estate financing language and underwriting
- Demonstrated commitment to obtaining outstanding results
The position will be commission based
- Business Development
- Financial Analysis
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.