About the role
The Walton Investment Team (“WIT”) is seeking a Senior Analyst to support the execution of direct and impact investments. The successful candidate will be responsible for financial modeling, due diligence, investment execution, and monitoring of investments across all asset classes—including social impact, venture capital, equity, debt, real estate, and infrastructure investments.
What you will do
As a crucial member of WIT, you will:
- Build models for specific direct investment opportunities
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of investment opportunities, including company analysis, market and competitive analysis, analysis of investment merits and considerations, management benchmarking, evaluation of company and investment structure, and returns analysis
- Produce written and presentation materials to communicate the above investment analysis to our Executive Principals
- Obtain the third party analyses—external consultants, tax, legal etc.—and Executive Principal approvals required to execute investments
- Provide ongoing monitoring and oversight of existing investments, including analyzing financial figures received, responding to follow-on capital raises and other corporate actions, and exiting investments
- Perform other duties as required and necessary to accomplish goals and objectives
Basic qualifications for this role
- University or self-directed coursework in accounting, finance, or investments
- A course in financial modeling for investments, preferably through an investment bank Analyst training program
- 1-2 years of work experience in investments, preferably at an investment bank,
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
Characteristics that will support your success
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity
- Attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity and agility
- Strong critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and multi-task
- Self-starter; able to work independently
- Strong communication skills—able to articulate ideas, communicate tactfully, and give and receive feedback
- Adaptability to a rapidly changing environment, including reprioritization or reassignment of responsibilities
- Professional maturity
After initial interviews and a preliminary one hour modeling exam, qualified candidates will be invited (on a rolling basis until the position is filled) to complete a substantial take-home case study designed to assess the degree to which they meet the basic qualifications for the role. Candidates who successfully complete the case study will be invited to a final round super-day—either by video conference, or in-person if circumstances permit.
About WIT, LLC
Based in Washington, DC, WIT, LLC is the investment arm of a family office that manages accounting, investments, compliance, property management, legal support, and other services on behalf of its Executive Principals.
WIT, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment of any kind. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
- Capital Markets
- Financial Analysis
- Investment Management
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.