Fairfield Residential is a private equity investor in the multifamily real estate sector that has acquired more than $32 Billion of multifamily properties over the past 25 years. Fairfield is looking for a Junior Acquisitions Officer on the East Coast to join Fairfield’s existing acquisitions team to help generate acquisition opportunities for Fairfield’s various investment programs. The Junior Acquisitions Officer will report to the Senior Vice President of Acquisitions for the East Coast who is located in our Arlington, Virginia office.
The ideal candidate will either have prior experience in multifamily acquisitions or extensive experience underwriting acquisitions for an active purchaser of multifamily properties and will be able to quickly transition to working with our acquisition team to help source potential acquisitions.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Prior experience in multifamily acquisitions or extensive experience underwriting acquisitions for an active purchaser of multifamily properties.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Strong quantitative skills
- Excellent communication ability (both oral and written)
- Self-Motivated with a willingness to put in the necessary work to be successful
- Ability to work on multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Staying abreast of market conditions in the various markets and submarkets assigned to the candidate where Fairfield is pursuing acquisition opportunities
- Regularly communicating with brokers and owners of multifamily real estate in order to identify potential acquisitions – both marketed and off-market
- Travel, including site visits to potential acquisitions and tours of competitive properties in order to gain a full understanding of the submarket. Over 50% of the candidate’s time will be spent outside the office
- Work with our acquisition analysts to create cash flow projections for properties identified as potential investments
- Coordinate with Fairfield’s Property Management, Asset Management, and Construction team to verify the feasibility of assumptions used in the property underwriting
- Preparing Investment Committee Memos for proposed investments and presenting them to Fairfield’s Investment Committee
- Working with our in-house transactions team to assist in the Due Diligence and/or closing of acquisitions as needed
1+ to 2 years