Seeking an experienced private equity portfolio manager with experience in Portfolio Managing RETAIL HARD ASSETS - Commercial. This is an opportunity to manage a $1 billion portfolio.
Responsibilities will include:
• Organize, manage and execute a business plan to oversee a retail portfolio in NYC/Tri State region consisting of over 2m square feet of retail space.
• Familiarity and exposure to current Covid impact on retail real estate assets and formulating plans with tenants and property management to navigate next steps
• Develop hold / sell matrices and other strategic analyses based on new information,
• dynamic market conditions, or activity at the property.
• Analyze property operating and capital budgets, debt restructuring, follow up with financial institutions and provide analysis of property
• performance relative to business plan targets.
• Negotiate and oversee contracts, monitor management and leasing strategies, and analyze competitive markets.
• Oversee all aspects of property dispositions, including coordinating with brokers, analyzing offers, and overseeing the closing process.
• Prepare quarterly and annual Fund level investor presentations and investment level backup information (summary of activity, strategy, basis, variance to u/w, etc., including annual meeting presentation.
• Management of in-house team of 3 to oversee operational and financial oversight of the retail asset portfolio
• Create/update portfolio presentations for investor meetings and field detailed fund level investment investor inquiries and requests.
• Responsible for recommending and implementing strategy on all aspects of the Fund investment portfolio, including: maximizing value, minimizing risk, overseeing leasing, debt, capex, and other property level activities, managing sponsor relationships, monitoring Fund liquidity, and addressing other issues that arise at both the asset and Fund levels.
• Ability to oversee multiple funds and special situations as they arise for other fund vehicles that are in wind down mode.
• Prepare quarterly investment return projections and valuation models, which include
• Preparing variance analyses and market research (sales comps, leasing activity, rental rates, projected rental growth, etc.).
Qualified candidate must possess:
7-10 years of formal real estate investment or asset management experience.
Multi Asset experience on the equity side is a MUST
Expert in Excel and Argus.
Knowledge of reporting tools such as VTS, iLevel, Real Logic and MRI
Able to thrive in a fast-moving environment, highly motivated self-starter with wellDeveloped personal and client management skills.
Team management and mentoring experience
- Asset Management
- Portfolio Management
7+ to 10 years
Apply for this job