Purpose of Job:
The Associate, Portfolio Analytics will be an integral member of the Portfolio Analytics team. This position will be responsible for creating, maintaining, and systematizing a comprehensive system of financial models. The Associate will work closely with USAA Real Estate's and Square Mile's portfolio management, asset management, investor relations, accounting, and investment teams, with a primary focus on the Square Mile series of credit funds. This position is based in New York City and reports to senior management.
- [Fund Models] Create, enhance, maintain, and automate detailed fund models used for capturing historical investment and fund-level performance, projecting forward-looking performance, ensuring compliance with fund investment guidelines, and calculating investment and fund-level waterfalls and metrics used in the investment decision making process.
- [Deal Models] Coordinate with asset management, investments, and loan servicing teams for periodic updates on investment-level cash flow projections, future funding obligations, and expected loan extensions or payoffs.
- Create, enhance, and maintain fund-specific dashboards to summarize current portfolio positioning, historical performance, capacity for additional investment, and forward-looking production, operational, and performance projections.
- Assist with investment modeling for complex structured transactions.
- Closely interact with and assist capital raising and investor relations functions with performance attribution and reporting teams in responding to ad-hoc client requests.
- Assist with the creation of department policies, procedures, and process documentation.
At USAA Real Estate our employees enjoy generous benefits packages including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401k, educational and professional designation assistance, business casual dress attire and much more! Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screening. The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA Real Estate is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled.
- Highly advanced quantitative skills.
- 3+ years in a quantitative financial modeling role or a similar role.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Financial Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or related fields.
- Highly advanced Excel skills, including writing macros/VBA from scratch.
- Strong experience using database software – designing table structures and data extraction/reporting (experience with Access, etc.).
- Ability to work extended hours as needed.
- Must be able to legally work in the U.S. without requiring sponsorship from the employer.
- Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.
- Financial modeling of structured products or private equity waterfalls.
- Experience with Anaplan, report writers (e.g. Crystal), and other programming languages.
- Build, implement, and automate complex financial models from scratch.
- Extensive knowledge of financial concepts and mechanics including bond math, mortgage math, cash flow analysis, and other relevant credit modeling concepts.
- Experience in designing/redesigning workflow to improve data integrity and efficiency.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment to achieve broader organizational goals.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail and able to multi-task under recurring time constraints.
- Possess a high level of emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills and be a team player.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Financial Analysis
- Alternative Investments
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.