JOB DESCRIPTION Industrial Real Estate Broker (Boston, MA + several additional territories)
Binswanger, a leader in global commercial real estate headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, is seeking talented and versatile full-time Industrial Real Estate Brokers to join the company s growing sales team in or around Boston, MA (CT, MA, RI, NY). This high-profile position comes at a time when the company is growing and adopting new tools and approaches to ensure broker success.
In addition to the Northeast, the company is currently accepting applications for Industrial Real Estate Brokers in the following markets:
- HQ - Philadelphia, PA
- South (TN, TX)
- West (Colorado)
- Midwest (MN/WI/IL/IN)
About the Position:
The Broker will work with other brokers, researchers, the marketing department, and support staff. You ll build relationships with buyers, sellers, and other real estate executives seeking Binswanger s services. You will develop and maintain relationships with interested buyers and sellers (and potential sellers) of industrial real estate property in your territory and nationally.
About the company:
Binswanger, a global leader in full-service commercial real estate, has been helping its clients realize their full real estate potential since 1931. Founded by real estate innovator and pioneer, Frank Binswanger Sr., the company operates with the understanding that real estate has the ability to strengthen businesses and transform communities. The company offers a variety of services benefitting both owners and occupiers including global real estate brokerage, location consulting, investment sales, tenant representation, corporate advisory, strategic consulting, and a variety of management services. Having worked with more than half of the Fortune 500, the employee-owned company has long been known as the industry leader in the acquisition and disposition of industrial and commercial facilities around the globe. For more, please visit www.binswanger.com.
Position Title: Industrial Real Estate Broker
Reports to: Division President
Direct Reports: None
- In-person visits, cold-calls, and lead calling of prospects. Significant time is required on the road to learn the territory and know and maintain regular contact with all worthy owners and decision-makers throughout a multi-state area. Most brokers think in terms of city blocks; we think in terms of state lines.
- Research to understand the buying/selling universe in the assigned territory
- Keep thorough, clean and organized records in CRM including all touchpoints for every client and property; excellent follow-up skills
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and build trust with clients as well as internal and external stakeholders
- Preparing thorough data on the property listed and agencies being pursued and maintaining accurate info in external and internal databases
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of all quality property available in the territory
About your personality:
- You have strong self-confidence; comfortable navigating all personality types
- You re a self-starter who can work alone when needed, with limited support or encouragement
- You have a No-limit type attitude
- You re resourceful and persistent in accomplishing tasks
- You re a disciplined reader and researcher with investigative skills, understands sales tools and how to use them
- You re a great communicator both written and verbal able to listen and deliver a message
- You like order and perfection which leads you to be meticulous about your tasks
- You re a keeper of lists, a planner, sometimes impatient, and a skilled multi-tasker
- You understand that effort and results go hand-in-hand and desire a platform that offers significant earning potential
- You prefer to succeed largely based on your own initiative with support available as needed
- If you need to sleep in your own bed every night, this position is not for you
- You love to win and hate to lose
- You are focused on success and avoid distractions
Experience, Knowledge, and Education Requirements
- Bachelor s degree
- Active Broker License
- Prior (5+ years) real estate experience required. Proven sales success in some field or strong sales ability is key
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, problem-solving and relationship skills are required
- Effective time management skills
- Able to give and receive constructive criticism
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite including fluency in PowerPoint and Excel
Physical & Other Requirements
- Must be able to regularly access and use general office equipment including phones, computers, copiers, etc.
- Must be able to work in a busy, often distracting work environment
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds unassisted on an occasional basis
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to drive for long periods of time
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time
In addition to competitive base salaries and generous commission structure, Binswanger employees enjoy the following benefits:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vacation & Paid time-off
- Professional Development opportunities
- Employee discount program
- Discount Cell phone program
- Performance Bonuses
- Numerous seasonal events and activities!
What it s like to work at Binswanger:
The company has a long reputation for innovation and personality in the industrial real estate industry. Formed during the height of the Great Depression, the company has been in business for nearly 90 years, and has weathered many low economic points, yet continues to thrive. Part of the reason is that the people in the company love what they do and appreciate all of the opportunities available to them as Binswanger employees. After 88 years as a family-owned business, in July of 2017, the company became employee-owned empowering a broader group of employee brokers to steer company strategy and increase their earning potential. This restructuring kicked-off a new era for Binswanger and has strengthened the team s desire to remain a global leader in commercial real estate while doing so in a way that s fun, exciting, and rewarding for all employees.
Unlike the large shops with competitors often sitting at the next desk, Binswanger is a small, elite team of highly trained, motivated professionals focused on the acquisition and disposition of major industrial real estate in small towns and bigger cities throughout the globe.
- Brokerage / Sales
- Business Development
This job is no longer active.