CBRE is seeking an individual skilled in construction management, engineering and commissioning of complex projects with an in-depth understanding of all project management functions - from scheduling, budgeting, quality, risk, health and safety - to provide overall direction and leadership for data center projects. This role also requires the ability to develop and enhance client relationships through excellent service and seek new business opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate the capability to read and interpret complex project documentation, including but not limited to agreements and contracts, construction drawings, commissioning documentation and Methods of Procedure.
- Interface directly with clients and data center operations staff to develop projects which mitigate risk in the data center environment. Hold subcontractors and vendors accountable to the project scope, work plans, safety, quality and schedule.
- Gather multiple subcontractor quotations for complex scopes of work and leverage the project team to select the most qualified firms, including but not limited to contracting partners, engineering consultants and commissioning agents. Manage selected project delivery resources from project development to closeout and relationships beyond.
- Direct and manage the engineering, construction, startup and commissioning processes while maintaining the overall financial health of the project.
- Demonstrate innate ability to manage multiple complex data center projects in various locations with different teams.
- Resolve complex issues - both technical and non-technical - and communicate Lessons Learned to the project team to promote continuous improvement.
- Exhibit clear communication skills and methods for stakeholders of differing perspectives. Produce written reports, meeting agendas and minutes and hold effective conversations. Ensure project data is accurate, timely and well-coordinated.
- Manage financial billings and invoices for timely payment. Track project progress against the schedule and objectives. Forecast project financials against budget and manage the project and associated team accordingly.
- Adjust gracefully to meet changing circumstances such as new project priorities, changes and customer needs. Communicate effectively in both written and verbal form and adapt communication style to meet the situation. Present information effectively to stakeholders. Interpret complex business and construction data and communicate the information to non-technical individuals.
- Be knowledgeable in construction site safety requirements, OSHA rules and regulations, site-specific safety plans and integrated work plan development. Understand construction best practices and building codes.
- Seek additional project opportunities for business development and team growth.
- Exemplify the ability to identify risks in the data center environment, lead construction planning and reviews and develop risk mitigation measures. Utilizes construction project management skills to align project goals with that of the client business plan.
- 25% travel may be required.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. May provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers. May lead project teams and/or plan, and supervise assignments of lower level employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or related field. Minimum four or more years' construction administration, architecture, engineering or similar experience.
Bachelor's Degree in engineering, architecture, construction management, low voltage and IT systems or equivalent preferred.
Minimum 5 years' experience in construction management, engineering, structured cabling, IT services, data centers and/or commissioning of data center facilities Preferred.
Engineer in Training or Professional Engineer preferred.
LEED BD+C Preferred.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conducts advanced financial analysis.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to read and understand architectural drawings. Knowledge in MS Project, leases, contracts, and construction practices.
Knowledge of the entitlement/permitting process and construction delivery methods and agreements. Familiarity with construction best practices, general building codes, and various building types and systems. Passion for being detail oriented and highly organized.
Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans
- Alternative Investments
This job is no longer active.