***Questions about position, please contact Maria Sather in Human Resources with NorthMarq.***
**A completed application is required to be considered.**
NorthMarq Investment Sales is seeking a Analyst in Fort Lauderdale, FL who is a highly-skilled and driven individual. The Analyst will be joining an active multifamily brokerage team to manage the analysis of properties and financial underwriting for all team assignments and exclusive engagements, while providing support to the production team on other key business initiatives.
The candidate must possess a passion for the commercial real estate industry, specifically multifamily investments, as they will obtain extensive exposure to multifamily assets, and land development opportunities for multifamily product throughout Florida and the southeast, covering both private and institutional capital sectors.
The analyst will be an integral member of production team, providing support on all property related tasks, while working closely with the producers from the onset of all assignments and exclusive engagements. The to-be-hired analyst is expected to collaborate with senior team members in preparation of preparing Opinions of Value, conduct submarket and property-level comparable research reports, and interface with property managers, in addition to the administration of the day-to-day operations for the team. As a result of the requirements of the position, the analyst must be a self-starter and possess the ability to work both independently and cohesively within a team environment.
- Preparation of Brokers Opinions of Value
- Underwrite income-producing assets using Excel software.
- Analyze historical operating statements, budgets, leases and loan agreements, as well as current market conditions in order to determine financial underwriting assumptions.
- Review, analyze, comprehend, abstract and interpret various types of real estate documents.
- Identify critical property level financial issues and recommend areas for value-add opportunities.
- Gather and track critical financial data points for research and negotiation purposes.
- Create evaluations of properties and sensitivity analyses.
- Strategize with team members and clients to generate creative alternatives.
- Ability to present results of analyses in a formal client setting to audiences with a wide range of financial acumen.
- Strategize with team members and provide materials that allow the top producers to generate new relationships
- Direct communication with Capital Markets professionals, property managers, asset managers and principals to clarify inconsistencies found during the underwriting process and address other property specific issues.
- Four-year college degree. Major in Real Estate, finance, accounting, or business area preferred.
- Strong understanding of finance analytical skills, financial terms and principles necessary in real estate underwriting, including Discounted Cash Flow, IRR, NPV, Time Value of Money, Return on Equity, etc.
- Experience involving the valuation of income-producing properties is a plus.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret various types of real estate documents, including financial statements, loan documents, deed of trust, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – ability to interact effectively and professionally with a wide variety of internal parties.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, ability to manage multiple assignments with changing priorities.
- Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel and Word), experience in Salesforce a plus. .
- Team player, strong work ethic and passion to work in the commercial real estate industry.
- Brokerage / Sales
- Financial Analysis
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years