DIRECTOR OF LEASING
Newport Beach, CA
Boardwalk Investments Group, LLC ("Boardwalk") is a privately held commercial real estate investment company. Headquartered in Newport Beach, California, the Firm currently manages a commercial real estate portfolio comprised of retail, mixed-use, office and multifamily assets located primarily in Orange County, California. The Firm is led by a seasoned management team with over 50 years of commercial real estate experience. Since 2012, Boardwalk's investment strategy is to actively acquire, stabilize, and manage commercial real estate located in core, coastal markets in California. In 2019, the Firm transacted in over $150 million of acquisitions including grocery-anchored, mixed-use and high street retail assets.
Boardwalk is currently seeking a Director of Leasing to join our team in Newport Beach, CA. The Director of Leasing will primarily be responsible for managing the leasing of a commercial real estate portfolio that includes retail, offices, apartments and single-family homes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and execute a strategic leasing plan for each property.
- Responsible for leasing new and existing vacant space in assigned properties.
- Prepare proposals, and letters of intents (LOIs) and coordinate and negotiate lease documents.
- Effectively and continuously articulate the features and benefits of the properties through meetings, presentations, real estate organizations, mailings, etc.
- Meeting with prospective tenants to determine their office/retail needs and eligibility.
- Develop relationships with national/regional brokers, and other businesses and individuals in each market.
- Prepare leasing status reports; prepare financial analysis of lease proposals.
- Identify potential tenants by canvassing, cold calling and through existing retailer and broker relationships.
- Negotiate new leases, renewals, amendments, assignments, buyouts, relocations, expansions etc., working closely with legal, construction, tenant coordination and development teams.
- Conduct competitive market and tenant mix analysis; prepare and submit annual leasing budgets.
- Prepare and implement marketing and merchandising plans for assigned assets.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with a minimum of ten (10+) years professional experience in commercial real estate leasing, Real Estate License required.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with commercial real estate concepts, terms and related negotiation, leasing experience for residential and commercial properties.
- Proficiency to read, understand and apply standard to complex documents affecting real estate projects, such as: entitlement applications, traffic studies, CC&Rs, agreements/contracts, leases, due diligence materials, title reports, ALTA surveys, environmental reports and architectural drawings.
- Knowledge of basic accounting, including acute attention to detail with strong problem resolution skills.
- Ability to travel (10-20%).
- Knowledge of MRI will be a plus
Boardwalk offers an attractive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and fast paced organization.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Boardwalk is an equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans)
- Portfolio Management
- Property Management
10+ to 15 years
Apply for this job