Position Vice President of Originations
Location Miami, FL or Dallas, TX
Reporting Relationship Partner
Our client is a Miami-based fund manager that operates a series of discretionary private equity funds focused on real estate lending. The firm specializes in structuring loans for mid-market transactions in need of special situation or creative financing solutions. With over $1.0 billion of assets financed, our client is one of the leading private lenders in the Southeast U.S. The firm offers a collegial work environment with an entrepreneurial team and a flat organization structure that promotes growth, learning and long-term retention.
Our client is seeking a full-time, seasoned investment professional to join the team as a Vice President of Origination and continue to build on Our client’s success within the regional market. The role will be responsible for loan origination, investment underwriting, due diligence and execution. Candidate should be an independent self-starter with a strong analytical background, ability to multitask and excellent attention to detail.
This is a senior role involved in the direct decision-making process and execution for all fund investments. Candidate should have deep experience in real estate deal structuring from both the economical and legal perspectives. Extensive real estate industry and mortgage market knowledge including the ability to leverage existing relationships to source and underwrite new lending opportunities will be crucial.
A majority of the candidate’s time will be spent originating transactions and managing through the deal life cycle including underwriting, due diligence and closing. Candidates must be willing to travel, including attending industry trade shows and conferences when appropriate. Past underwriting, valuation and risk analysis experience is also required as the role mandates the ability to evaluate transactions.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Originate, structure, underwrite and close high yield real estate debt investments including pre-development land loans, bridge loans and construction loans across all asset classes.
- Interface with potential borrowers and clients to screen, negotiate and structure new opportunities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with target borrowers and intermediaries.
- Oversee and coordinate the due diligence of each transaction including credit underwriting, analysis of third-party reports and oversight of transaction structuring and documentation.
- Work closely with outside legal counsel to negotiate and structure term sheets, loan document and other applicable legal documentation.
- Develop and present internal memorandum to Credit Committee.
- Help investment team set strategy and develop new products through feedback on current market conditions and opportunities.
- Lead, train, and develop junior team members.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE /QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 7 years of real estate experience, preferably structuring equity, or debt transactions
- Self-starter attitude with ability to act independently as well as think outside of the box
- Strong underwriting and modelling experience
- Natural leadership ability, poise and professional conduct
- Strong network of contacts throughout the real estate industry
- Natural sales ability, poise and professional demeanour
- Ability to travel as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably with Finance or Real Estate focus
Compensation will be competitive based upon the candidate’s experience and will include a discretionary bonus based on performance.
- Investment Banking
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.