Acquiring, developing, financing and managing quality real estate investments since 1982, USAA Real Estate provides superior returns investing across the risk spectrum, with expertise in office, industrial, multi-family, retail and hotel assets. Aligned with more than 100 investment partners across the world, we maintain an “Investor First” mindset with our significant co-investment in all programs. USAA Real Estate has achieved a track record of success living up to the high standards set at USAA and sharing its mission and culture of service. USAA Real Estate is headquartered in San Antonio, Texas.
The Development Accounting Manager/Assistant Manager leads the professional support staff who are responsible for all aspects of Accounting and Reporting as it relates to development and construction projects of various USAA Real Estate entities. Ensures that individual development project ledgers and other real estate accounting records are in accordance with GAAP and any other required basis of accounting. Coordinates, trains and coaches internal and external personnel on USAA Real Estate procedures, processes and policies. Coordinates the receipt of required information from development partners, fee developers and others. Coordinates, prepares and analyzes ad hoc reporting to USAA Senior management.
- Lead professional accounting staff. Provides guidance, review, mentoring, coaching and training to team, co-workers, partners and customers.
- Read and interpret development and operating agreements to make sure we are in compliance with requirements.
- Performs and/or coordinates accounting for all development projects, including but not limited to:
- Maintenance of project budgets in the system making sure the approved budgets are entered.
- Process project change orders and budget revisions.
- Update construction draw schedules.
- Processing, reviewing, coding, tracking and general ledger posting of construction draws for multiple projects.
- Work with project managers on variances from approved project budget.
- Maintenance of promote/participation schedules making sure the calculations adhere to the specific project agreement.
- Coordinates the receipt of required information from development partners, fee developers and others.
- Responsible for monthly development accruals and provide accurate cost information for development valuations.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of policies and procedures for development projects.
- Plans, prioritizes and coordinates tasks to ensure completion of multiple assignments or project within prescribed timelines.
- Interact with internal and external customers, accounting team members, development partners, , portfolio management/development teams to ensure prompt resolution of issues and achieve maximum efficiency of operations.
- Performs or coordinates analysis, considers alternatives and makes recommendations on complex real estate transactions. Serves as a consultant to management.
- Perform other essential duties as assigned.
At USAA Real Estate our employees enjoy generous benefits packages including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401k, educational and professional designation assistance, business casual dress attire and much more! Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen. The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA Real Estate Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- CPA or CPA candidate required
- 7+ yrs. Accounting experience w/ solid fundamental accounting skills
- 5+ yrs. of managerial experience.
- Accounting background with Real Estate or General Contractor a must.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Yardi and/or Investment Management software a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Qualifications may warrant placement in different job title.
- Accounting / Control
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.