Realty Income, The Monthly Dividend Company®, one of four San Diego based S&P 500 companies dedicated to providing shareholders with dependable monthly income. Our company is structured as a REIT, and its monthly dividends are supported by the cash flow from over 6,000 real estate properties owned under long-term lease agreements with regional and national commercial tenants. To date, our company has declared over 600 consecutive common stock monthly dividends throughout its 50-year operating history and has continually increased the dividend since Realty Income's public listing in 1994 (NYSE: O). Our company attracts individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and teamwork. If you appreciate working in a professional environment that rewards employees based on merit and values a work-life balance, make sure to apply today!
As Realty Income’s Auditor II, you will be responsible for the successful completion of assigned internal audit engagements including Sarbanes-Oxley compliance activities. You will communicate identified issues to the VP, Head of Internal Audit-- ensuring any potential concerns are addressed in a timely and effective manner. You will also evaluate the adequacy of internal controls, by applying risk and control concepts to scenarios encountered. Your ability to supports the development and deployment of data analytics and data visualization to deliver business intelligence will take precedence in this role.
Your Contribution to the Team Includes
Internal Audit Plan
- Maintain an informed perspective on organizational risks.
- Evaluate compliance with policies and procedures.
- Provide value added recommendations to improve processes.
- Identify reportable issues, perform root cause analysis, and provide remediation recommendations.
- Ensure identified audit findings have been vetted with appropriate management.
- Ensure audit results are presented in a clear and concise manner.
- Monitor progress to ensure corrective actions are implemented timely.
- Communicate results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and/or oral presentations to management.
- Maintain the Sarbanes-Oxley risk control matrices which map internal controls to related control objectives and financial statement and disclosure assertions.
- Maintain appropriate process documentation including narratives and flowcharts.
- Perform walkthroughs, testing, and analysis to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls.
- Develop and implement Sarbanes-Oxley compliance best practices.
- Interpret changes in the regulatory environment (e.g., SEC, PCAOB) or industry frameworks (e.g., COSO) and provide recommendations to meet those requirements and improve business processes.
- Support the development and deployment of data analytics and data visualization to deliver business intelligence.
What You’ll Need to be Successful
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Technology or related field.
- CPA, CIA, CISA or other related certification preferred.
- 1-3 years professional audit experience.
- Experience with a Big 4 accounting firm preferred.
- Real estate industry or Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) experience preferred.
In response to COVID-19, Realty Income has maintained our business operations and have open opportunities, yet made necessary adjustments to our hiring process. We are conducting all steps of the interview process in a virtual capacity. In response to California’s Stay at Home order and other states with similar provisions, our employees will continue to work remotely until these restrictions have been lifted and it is safe to work in an office again. Realty Income has endeavored to be adaptable and strategic in our capacity to maneuver in an unfamiliar situation, and we pride ourselves on our resilience. We immensely appreciate both your flexibility and consideration of Realty Income for employment.
To all recruitment agencies; Realty Income does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job’s alias, Realty Income employees, or any company location. Realty Income is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
2+ to 5 years