New York-based, boutique development firm is seeking an Acquisition Senior Associate to help acquire projects in New York and select markets around the US. Property types include a focus on industrial but also office, residential, retail and mixed-use, both through ground-up development and conversion.
Looking to hire immediately or at latest by year end.
About the Firm:
Founded in 1979, the Manhattan based YOUNGWOO & ASSOCIATES (YWA) has identified and developed a variety of specialized real estate projects in the NY Metro Area and throughout the United States. Rooted in innovative thinking and the ability to anticipate changes in the real estate market, the success of YWA has been the result of establishing emerging markets, implementing bold initiatives with creative developmental approach, and most importantly, the ability to recognize shifting real estate trends.
Areas of Responsibility & Job Requirements:
- Review and underwrite new investment opportunities.
- Advanced skills in Excel modeling
- Argus modeling and cash flow analysis of development opportunities and existing portfolio.
- Developing property-level asset management forecast models in both Argus and Excel.
- Conduct leasing and capital improvement cost-benefit and hold-sell analysis.
- Duties will include direct interaction with sponsors, borrowers and lenders.
- Conduct market research for new investments; identify trends in market demographics and competitive analysis.
- Coordinate third-party reports, due diligence and closing procedures.
- Lead and participate in assigned projects to support overall team.
- Ability to interpret, develop, and/or present financial analysis and underwriting valuation techniques; apply investment terminology and concepts to related written and verbal communications.
- Ability to manage competing priorities with attention to accuracy and detail; adjust work schedule to accommodate department work flow priority deadlines; work effectively in collaboration with peers, team members and customers for efficiency of time.
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, business or planning required
- MBA degree in real estate, business or planning preferred but not required
Years of Industry Experience Required:
- 5+ years of real estate investing experience, specifically in the New York metro area
- Experience with industrial projects preferred but not required
- Financial Analysis
- Due Diligence
- Hospitality / Entertainment
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job