Clarion Partners, an SEC registered investment adviser with FCA-authorized and FINRA member affiliates, has been a leading U.S. real estate investment manager for more than 38 years. Headquartered in New York, the firm has offices in major markets throughout the U.S. and Europe. With over $50 billion in total assets under management, Clarion Partners offers a broad range of both debt and equity real estate strategies across the risk/return spectrum to its more than 350 domestic and international institutional investors. More information is available at .
The retail asset management team handles over 100 retail properties across the country that comprise of enclosed malls, open air grocery anchored, urban and retail as part of a larger mixed-use asset. This position will assist the retail asset management team on modeling/financial analyses, property valuations, management, leasing, operating and capital budgets, client reporting, transactions and other special projects.
- Assist with preparation and review of portfolio level and client reports.
- Monitor and analyze the financial performance of the properties and portfolios.
- Track weekly and monthly leasing and property management status reports from third party providers
- Maintain property valuation files including detailed review of 3rd party appraisals and related property information.
- Maintain administrative files for the Head of Retail Asset Management to include: Focus & Sale List, Quarterly Valuation Outliers, Sales Comp Tracker, Accounts Receivables and several other retail specific trackers
- Monitor health of retailers through Creditntell and Credit Risk Monitor
- Develop and maintain a complete understanding of each asset for which you work on
- Organize the preparation and review of annual property operating budgets and business plans.
- Analyze lease transactions.
- Assist with financing and disposition transactions.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports when needed.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of Preliminary and Final Investment Memoranda to the firm's Investment Committee.
- Participate in asset management due diligence including lease reviews, pro forma analysis, including undertaking detailed analyses of a property's (1) tenants and in-place leases; (2) operating and financial statements; (3) market and competitive position; (4) engineering and environmental condition; (5) taxes, insurance and service contracts; and (6) other pertinent property-level factors and market feasibility review.
- Strong skills in financial analysis and modeling – experience with Argus Enterprise strongly preferred.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work effectively
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel.
- Undergrad degree in top 10% of class; with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- 1-2 years’ experience, preferably in a real estate, finance or accounting.
- Candidate should be proactive and self-motivated. Strong work ethic, integrity and commitment to meet deadlines are essential candidate attributes. Candidate must also possess strong interpersonal communication and writing skills.
1+ to 2 years