Can you sell creativity? Do you get just as excited about filling your pipeline as closing a deal? Can you articulate the power of a brand and a visual narrative? Can you spend all day working your phone and your email to move prospects closer to connecting with you? Do you think you have the hustle and skill to qualify for the coolest sales job in Seattle?
We’re NINE dot ARTS. From hotels, multi-family residential properties, and offices to large-scale, mixed use developments to interactive public art installations, our team leverages the power of original art to transform ordinary places into one-of-a-kind experiences. We curate inspiring collections that not only present a visual narrative, but connect people to places and brands.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) for NINE dot ARTS will spearhead our growth into the Seattle region by generating a pipeline of new leads. You will be in charge of leveraging your current contacts and researching new opportunities to identify prospects, cultivate targeted relationships, and work with our Head of Marketing and Sales to convert leads into proposals and sales. You will be the face of NINE dot ARTS in Seattle and you should be passionate about creating new connections, identifying solutions for client needs, and bringing the transformative power of art to a growing number of spaces.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years in sales, with a track record of selling creative services or professional services. If you’ve never sold a professional service where clients are paying for your company’s expertise and time, you’re not right for this role.
- Recent experience working within our key client industry of commercial real estate development, including adjacent services such as architecture, design, hospitality, and construction, in order to speak authentically with clients about their unique needs.
- Creative thinker who can imagine the path toward a new pipeline and take the daily steps to make it happen. You will be working independently every day, so you’ll need a self-motivated workstyle, with proven experience working remotely.
- Great networker, with the ability to build relationships and pursue account based sales - we have a niche business with very specific client personas, and this role will support targeted marketing campaigns.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication to craft an outstanding story about how our services can transform our clients' space into experiences. You ask the kinds of questions that help prospects understand their problems and lead them toward solutions.
Scope of work includes cultivation of brand new leads within Seattle, with potential expansion to additional regions over time.
- Most days will be spent actively prospecting, whether over the phone, email, or on the ground in the Seattle area, in order to set qualified meetings for our team to help pitch and close deals and new accounts
- In addition to identifying specific projects, we want to establish new relationships with targeted clients that can evolve into long-term partnerships, with multiple projects over time
- Success in the role will be measured by qualified proposals sent and revenue closed
- The role requires up to 20% travel for development of nearby regional markets
The right person in this role will have the independent initiative to prospect for new leads daily, while working closely with the Head of Marketing and Sales to track progress, and collaborate as needed with our Studio staff.
Competitive salary and commission package, plus company benefits.
- Paid time off (begins accruing on first full pay period)
- Company holidays (9/year)
- Flex days (5/year, available immediately)
- Full health benefits (eligible the first of the month following 60 days of salaried employment)
- Retirement contributions (eligible following 90 days of employment)
- Parental leave (eligible after 1 year of full-time salaried employment)
- Continuing Education budget
- Company retreat
HOW TO APPLY
NINE dot ARTS is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. Diversity on our team makes our work stronger, and we encourage minority candidates to apply.
Please email your resume along with a brief (+/- 60-second) video describing yourself, your interest in the company and why you feel like this job is a good match for you. Resumes should be emailed with the following subject line: “Your Name, Business Development Manager,” and let us know how you heard about the role. Videos should be shared via DropBox, WeTransfer or email attachment. No phone calls please. Resumes will be reviewed weekly, and applications are accepted until position is filled.
- Business Development
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job